Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

3" OME lift...a little help please

Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
Keith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Keith120286's Tacoma Gallery
3" OME lift...a little help please

I'm about to pull the trigger and order a lift kit for my Tacoma.

I have a 2011 TRD Off-road DCSB 4x4

Do I need the top plate spacer?
Do I need the diff drop?
Do I need to order new UCAs?
AAL or Dakars?

I'm trying to get a full 3" lift and a damn near level lift.

I heard 885 coils were the way to way with the DC. Truth? I will not be running an offroad bumper or winch,

I appreciate the help guys.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
885x would be the way to go. If you want to achieve a full 3", you'll want the 10mm or 13mm lift enhancer. I'd go ahead and get UCA at that lift. Might as well do it right. No need for a diff drop.

As far as the rear goes, it all depends what you'll be using your truck for.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:18 AM   #3
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
bump/sub

I'm here for answers too (my truck is the same specs but an 08). I would think that adding three inches to the front we would only need 1.5'' AAL in the rear to level it out, but i'm only assuming here....

anyone familiar with the mini 3 leaf pack toytec has optioned with the OME kit?
Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
Jack of all trades; Master of none
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Do I need the top plate spacer? If you want full 3" in the front, yes
Do I need the diff drop? No.
Do I need to order new UCAs? Anything over 2-2.5" of lift is recommended
AAL or Dakars? Depends on the use. Towing? Off-roading? On pavement? I went AAL at first and just put on the Dakars. Should have went Dakars from the beginning.

I heard 885 coils were the way to way with the DC. Truth? I will not be running an offroad bumper or winch. 885s with no winch or bumper, yes.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #5
Keith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to beholdKeith120286 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Keith
Keith120286's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
AAL or Dakars? Depends on the use. Towing? Off-roading? On pavement? I went AAL at first and just put on the Dakars. Should have went Dakars from the beginning.
Towing, yes. Up to the 6500# limit at that.

Offroading, yes. Nothing too serious. Just want to be able to wheel some mild stuff in Wyoming and Colorado.

Pavement, of course. It will be my daily driver.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 AM   #6
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post

Offroading, yes. Nothing too serious. Just want to be able to wheel some mild stuff in Wyoming and Colorado.

Then go with Dakars for the rear and probably some extended brake lines.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 AM   #7
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^this.

Would also recommend the D29XL to add to the dakar pack. It raises the spring height by 15mm and increases the spring rate for increased heavy load stability. Just installed this setup last weekend.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #8
Icepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really niceIcepuck72 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
Icepuck72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
^^this.

Would also recommend the D29XL to add to the dakar pack. It raises the spring height by 15mm and increases the spring rate for increased heavy load stability. Just installed this setup last weekend.
Where did you get these from?
Old 04-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icepuck72 View Post
Where did you get these from?
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind..._detail&p=1738

Cheapest I was able to find. Some places want $60 per leaf. These are under $30 per leaf.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
Pitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPitchfork311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Trick
Pitchfork311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post

Check it, also depends on funds, if you can afford dakers with the full lift do it.
I did aal cuz dakers put lif out of price range. that was a year ago, soon ill have the dakers to put on.

Did the same thing with the uca, at about 4" lift up front still running stock ucas, soon I will have LR ucas, however I have not been in a rush to do that cuz my alignments have been right in spec
Old 04-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #13
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
I got the exact same setup. It rocks!!!!

Do I need the top plate spacer? YES.

Do I need the diff drop? NO.

Do I need to order new UCAs? YES, get Total Caos

AAL or Dakars? I WENT WITH DAKARS. Very satisfied.

Yeah, the 885s are the best for full lift but will be a HARSH ride with factory front bumper and no winch.

I got mine at Wheelers in Southern Oregon. They were very helpful, knowledgeable and fair pricing. Highly recommended.

I went with the OME shocks with 885 coils. Dakars leaf in rear with OME shocks. Metal brake line extenders.

I did get the diff drop also, but never installed it. No need. So gave it away to a TW member.

Later on I added a 1" body lift for other reasons...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #14
high voltage taco has a spectacular aura abouthigh voltage taco has a spectacular aura about
high voltage taco's Tacoma Gallery
If your going to get top plate spacers for the front for full 3" then I would get the extra leaf for the rear. I don't have the top plate spacers with 885x's and I got about 2.8" front and 3.5 in back with dakars and no extra leaf. After hauling several loads of wood and hauling the tractor back and forth from our house to brother in laws for gardening the dakars have settled to about level. I've wound up with about 2.5 in front and 2.8 not hardly 3 in the back. I will be getting UCA's soon cause stock ones don't allow much droop.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #15
PPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant futurePPansini10 has a brilliant future

PPansini10's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 886x with stock ucas but am buying some light racing ucas soon.. i also have the plate spacer ad it rides pretty smooth with my ARB bumper. I also plan on getting a winch for the front which is why i got the 886x, for all the added weight. In the rear, i still have OME shocks, but went the All-Pro leaf pack which has been great for extra weight in the back. Over all, I'm very pleased with my set up and it will be even better when i upgrade my UCAs. Hope this helped