Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Annoying sound from passenger side

Old 04-01-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
This....is my BOOMSTICK!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Annoying sound from passenger side

Like the title says, I've got this annoying sound coming from the passenger side of the truck. It's not all the time, and it seems like I hear it more frequently when I'm driving on the highway, usually starting around 75mph or so. However, I do hear it on back roads occasionally too, typically around 50mph. Whatever it is, it's driving me nuts. It doesn't seem like it's suspension related, because even though it CAN be triggered by by potholes or frost heaves (of which we have many!) it isn't always, and often it starts without hitting any bumps. Ambient temperature doesn't seem to affect it-it may be slightly more frequent when it's exceptionally cold out?
At any rate, I'd like to get rid of it.
I've got a 2010 Access Cab 4.0L/Auto w/stock suspension and 265 Duratrac's, if it helps.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #2
This....is my BOOMSTICK!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry, forgot to mention;
It's kind of a whining noise.
Figured that might help.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:10 AM   #3
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Just break up with her.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
This....is my BOOMSTICK!

HA!

Well that April Fool didn't last long.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #5
ಠ_ಠ
greeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreeneggsnspam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

greeneggsnspam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
Just break up with her.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 AM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
Just break up with her.
POTD
Old 04-01-2014, 02:45 PM   #8
xbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shedxbxb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Quartermaster
Name: Jim
xbxb's Tacoma Gallery
I think there is a TSB out on that.