Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Some Upgrade Pics

Old 04-01-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
Some Upgrade Pics

O.K. so here are some pics after some upgrades. The 2.5" lift kit I was cussing about. The front measures 38" and the rear is 37.5"...dang it! I added the Westin Bull Bar (no lights....yet), Westin Side Rails, new pro-fit front mud flaps (5" shorter than OEM), the rears are on order. It has the window visors as well.

The new tires should be here tomorrow via UPS. As soon as my other tires sell, I am going to try to have a (2) 1/2" body blocks made or buy (2) and have them machined down. I am going to attempt to remove some of the badges as well.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
twistax will become famous soon enough

twistax's Tacoma Gallery
Nice
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
awesome. I like the SS badges. I cant even tell there is a difference. I would leave it how it is.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
they are sweet. If you decide to debadge it i will take them off yours hands
Old 04-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good man, my back is also 371/2" and my front is 35". I have a spacer kit that I am hoping will bring the front level.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #7
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get the front mud flaps from (pro fit)? Did you have to drill or did they install in the factory holes?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #8
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well, that would be fine but mine is the other way around. The front is higher than the back. I am thinking about getting a 1" body block and having is machined down to about 5/8" to make up for it, without tilting the look.

The pro-fit have to be drilled (unfortunately) but the look good. I put a bead of weather sealant around them too. They also are pretty cheap but guaranteed not to break. I paid ($23 shipped for the fronts).
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #9
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
badguybuster: what website did you get them from (mud flaps)?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good but I would take off the SS stickers. Kinda reminds me of "Type R" stickers that honda owners get from autozone, but to each their own! I like how you have the skid plate painted black. What tires and what size did you decide on?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #12

I bought BFG's Mud Tires 255/75/17. I did notice something odd today. I took the truck out to see how everything handled and there is a squeak on the driver's side. It sounded like the where the front shock bolted on at the bottom but I loosened it and lubed it and it still squeaks. The weird thing is: It doesn't squeak if I turn the wheels to the left, only straight and right?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #13
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Yea def take off the CHEVY SS stickers lol

but other than that the truck looks great man!
Old 04-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #15
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Did you check your sway bar?At the connecting rod. The top bolt on mine was a tad loose.Come to find out,there is a hex head screw in the center of the nut that needed to be tightened.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:47 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoruptTaco View Post
Yea def take off the CHEVY SS stickers lol

but other than that the truck looks great man!
Hmmmm, I don't know, they kinda go with the hood scoop. Ditch both. I do like the bull bar/step rail/shell combo tho.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:55 AM   #17

Thanks. I will check the hex screw. I am wondering if the bushing on the shock is bad or if the shock itself is bad. I thought maybe I had tightened it too much, so I loosened it and rechecked with the torque wrench but it was correct. IT IS A LOUD SQUEAK.

Yeah, I like the shell on the shortbed. Plus, I horseshoe out of my truck and need the cover.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
Great looking taco man