1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help me choose what lift better suits my setup.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RogueTRD, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    RogueTRD

RogueTRD [OP] Learn to swim...

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '14 Pyrite Mica DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    Stacked spacer lift, 22x12 wheels with stretched 33's, tow mirrors, bull nuts.
    I've narrowed down my lift choices to 2 different kits. This is for a '14 DCSB TRD OR.

The OME/Dakar: Billies coil over kit with 5100's:

http://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/05-and-up-tacoma/3-lift-kit-with-bilstein-5100-height-adj-coilovers/

The 400 dollar price difference isn't a huge deal, but that money could go towards other mods if I decide to go with the OME lift.

I plan on getting front and rear plate bumpers, but no winch at this time. The tires I plan on running are 265/75/16 Cooper ST MAXX on stock wheels for now, but depending on room I may go with 285/75/16's.

Usage would be daily driver, with regular mild off roading, occasional light towing (dirt bikes), and some occasional rough trail wheeling.

One bonus about buying the OME from Wheelers is that I live about 30 min from there so wouldn't need to pay shipping.

Any input would be appreciated even if it isn't one of the lifts I've mentioned.

2. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    5280Transplant

5280Transplant Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    NoVA by way of CO
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 Rad Red
    Seems like a no-brainer to me. Go with the proven OME. $400 can buy a lot of cool stuff.

3. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    OME 886s with Dakars in the rear.

4. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    RogueTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    That's what I'm leaning towards, but I kinda like the idea of coil overs. The fact I can just drive over to Wheelers and get the OME lift is tempting though. I guess it's actually more than 400 bucks savings when you take shipping into account. That might change though if I need UCA's. Damn my lack of decision making ability!

5. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Anything over 2.5" of lift you should go with new UCA's

6. Apr 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    RogueTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like OME it is, but I guess I won't be saving the 400 bucks due to UCA's? lol After modding so many vehicles I should have known better. If it isn't one thing it's another. :p

7. Apr 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    Just put the complete OME setup on mine 2 weeks ago after reading reviews on these 2 kits for over 1.5 years while saving. Go with OME and stop tossing between the 2. I have done all the research for you TRUST ME....get the LR UCAs and get it all done at the same time and save yourself trouble down the road.
    Over and out.

8. Apr 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
    RogueTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Cade
    So. Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Well I got the complete OME setup from Wheelers. Dan was nice, helpful, and knowledgeable. The Dakars are on back order so gonna have to wait a couple weeks, but I'm stoked. I added the Camburg UCA's and extended rear brake lines. Thanks for the advice and info fellas.

Products Discussed in

To Top