1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone else having a hard time finding a dealer who has Tacoma Access cabs in stock?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by skydealer, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
    skydealer

skydealer [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2104 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Seems to have the "shopping cart magnet" modification installed.
    It's not like I live in some small town in the middle of nowhere. I'm in the Atlanta area and there are 12 Toyota dealerships within 50 miles of me. I've been trying to buy an access cab Tacoma for several weeks now and no seems to want to carry inventory on them, and the ones that do are all the same dang color.

I've been wanting to see the spruce mica or pyrite mica and no one has any available to even look at the color. Cripes - I just want to buy a Tacoma this month... not wait 60-90 days on a car that I can't even see the color prior to purchasing.

• Newnan Toyota: only 1 access cab in stock (4 cyl)
    • Morrow, GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    • McDonough GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    • LaGrange GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    • AutoNation, Lithia Springs GA: no access cabs available in dealership
    • Nally Valley Stonecrest Toyota, Lithonia GA: no access cabs available in dealership
    • Marietta GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    • Sandy Springs GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    • World Toyota, Atlanta, GA: no access cabs available in dealership
    • Cobb County GA Toyota: 2 access cabs available in April (both 4 cyl)
    • Stone Mountain GA Toyota: 2 access cabs available (both gray)
    • Union City GA Toyota: no access cabs available in dealership
    Is anyone else running into this type of crap in their areas, or is this just a southeast thing?

2. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:22 AM
    yuenhop

yuenhop Member

Member:
    same problem here in ca. very few have them if they do its only one and it sells fast.

3. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Seems like all they keep is 4 door trd's and work trucks in ga.

4. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    You could build one on the toyota website and it should come up with close matches near atlanta.

5. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM
    skydealer

skydealer [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    I've tried that too. There were several available in March and April that were either blue, green or tan and every time I sent the VIN to the dealership(s) they came back and said they were not available or not in the system.

The double cabs seem to be around, just no access cabs.

The Newnan dealership basically just blew me off, which was surprising considering I had purchased a Tacoma there just 3 months ago. That one promptly got totaled in a rear-end collision (other person's fault) and all that I want to do is buy another Taco! The dealers act like I'm doing them a favor by saying I want to buy a Toyota - the only one who is willing to work in finding me a car is the Marietta dealership. The other dealerships are useless. I'm paying cash with no trade in. WTF?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  6. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    JargonScott

JargonScott Member

Member:
    LA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner SR5
    This goes for used as well. I was looking for a used Access Cab, it took me a while to find one. Finally stumbled on one that had what I was looking for.

Why does everyone like the DC so much?

7. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    Snowbrdr1220

Snowbrdr1220 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD Off Road NBM
    If you want to see those two colors in person, just go to Cars.com and search within 40 or 50 miles of your zip code. I just did and within a couple minutes found trucks in your area in both Spruce Mica and Pyrite Mica.

They might not be the configuration you want, but at least you can see the color before ordering. Nothing wrong with ordering, the wait sucks but at least you'll get exactly what you want. You can even get extra options like the vinyl flooring if you want, which you can only get with special orders.

8. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    02Duck

02Duck manuals make it better

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 4WD TRD Off Road 6MT
    TRD Exhaust, Mobtown bolt on sliders and aluminum tailgate reinforcement, Reverse lights changed to yellow turn signals, LED pods added for reverse, ADD W1 oil catch can, Total Chaos bed reinforcement, rear diff breather to taillight mod, 12" combo led bars behind lower grill wired to high beams, Toyota led bed light kit, 400 watt anytime mod, SSO slimeline front bumper.
    I had a very hard time when I bought mine last year. Didn't think it was strange that I wanted to test drive one like I was going to order. But the dealer I was at was very reluctant to get one out.

Had to pull the "I am going to look at other dealers then, call me if you find one." Then get up and start to leave. Amazingly then they found one.

The annoying thing is this dealership runs adds all the time about no bs (literally). They also advertise how Toyota has given them several awards.

9. Apr 4, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    Snowbrdr1220

Snowbrdr1220 Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD Off Road NBM
    More storage space, easier loading/unloading with 4 doors, and the ability to have two friends sit in the back comfortably. My first truck was an AC, but now that I have a DC I don't think I could ever go back.

10. Apr 4, 2014 at 12:50 PM
    skydealer

skydealer [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Just checked the delivery schedule for the southeast district.

2583 double cabs are listed to be available between April 7th and June 2nd.

But only 356 Access Cabs will be available between the same delivery dates.

That is supposedly for the entire southeast district which includes 176 independent Toyota dealers in the five-state region of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and North and South Carolina. 356 vehicles for 176 dealers? Those numbers suck.

11. Apr 4, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    Dr_Kevorkian

Dr_Kevorkian Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen Pyrite Mica AC
    I was wondering the same thing when I was in the market a couple months back. Took me 5 dealers to find the Pyrite Mica AC 4x4...

12. Apr 4, 2014 at 1:11 PM
    skydealer

skydealer [OP] Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    My first choice was spruce mica or blue but now I'm leaning towards the pyrite mica. How are you liking it? I have yet to see one in person around here.

13. Apr 4, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    FrankG9702

FrankG9702 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4 SR5
    K&N CAI, 3" Toytec Suspension Lift, Custom Lightbar w/4 KC Daylighters, N-Fab Spare Tire Carrier, and Aries Step Bars
    Access Cab models aren't as popular, therefore they aren't as common at the dealership as the Double Cabs.. I live in the Virginia Beach area and everyone and their brother - quite literally - drives a Double Cab Tacoma. I can count on my hand the number of AC models I have seen.

Same story when I bought my AC from the dealership. Maybe 2 in stock, the other 75 or so were DC.

14. Apr 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    woodyc

woodyc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Access Cab 4x4 TRD
    Sway Away 2.5 " Coilovers Sway Away rear shocks Dakar rear leafs (3rd leaf removed) Snug Top Sport Highliner Shell Thule Racks Toyota Bed Mat Weather Tech Floor Liners
    I found the same thing. I searched all around So Cal for an AC 4x4 White TRD etc. Carlsbad Toyota said that there was one coming out of the factory in a few weeks and they would see if they could trade for it. It ended going to a dealership about 80 miles from my home. I was using the Costco Auto Purchase program and I stumbled upon it online at Crown Toyota. When I called them (a few weeks after visiting Carlsbad) they said it had just arrived yesterday!. I got lucky!

15. Apr 4, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    jasonvp

jasonvp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC TRD OR
    Dealerships will often times stock the most expensive of a particular model they can. Or they'll have a couple different versions, but they'll both be higher priced than the rest. Why? Profit margin. And it's generally easier to move a completely optioned up vehicle than it is one that has some of the options.

You're likely to find that where ever you look. Exceptions exist, but they don't disprove the rule.

The best bet is to do what you don't want to and that's order one. That way you can get it precisely the way you want it. That's how I got mine, and I couldn't be happier. Yeah, it took a month or two, but so what?

16. Apr 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    Oggy

Oggy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
    In Phoenix all you usually see is 4 door TRD trucks on the road. When I went truck shopping the access cab (used market) was like a third of the market. I was just looking for a good deal on a Tacoma whether it be a 4 door or access cab, the 4 doors were a few thousand more so I picked up my access cab and have been happy since.

People always buy vehicles bigger than they actually need and with more power than they will ever use, tacoma drivers are no different.

17. Apr 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    I you're that serious, order one or do as I did and buy the cheapest one on the lot. [​IMG]

18. Apr 4, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    robbergeron23

robbergeron23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    rob
    holland, ma.
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD sport v6 4x4 access cab
    Good luck in your search. You will eventually find exactly what you are looking for. I had my mind made up on Pyrite Mica, until I stumbled upon the Spruce Green Mica. I bought the green the very next day. Whenever I can steal my wife's camera from her, I will take pics. All the luck to you. -Rob

19. Apr 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
    fooman

fooman Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner SR
    Lots of double cabs for sure. I had to order my access cab with SR package and I can't wait to get it!! :D

20. Apr 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    wannabetrd

wannabetrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    3inch front 2inch rear lift with add a leaf and extended brake lines trd exhaust
    We have an sr access cab on out lot 4x4 4.0 it's in Michigan but still

Products Discussed in

To Top