1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is This a good deal?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jasclair, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Apr 6, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    jasclair

jasclair [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Bend oregon
    Current: BHLM, plasti dip badges/bumper, Satoshi homer taco style grille, custom TRD, pack rack Marshall fab, window tint,interior paint job, ome lift,wheels spacer, white light interior, retrofit headlights.
    hey guys,

I havent bought my tacoma yet but Im looking for one and found a 2010 toyota tacoma TRD Offroad pckg. Its a 4x4 double cab which is exactly what I want. The dealership is asking $18890 and the truck has 120,xxx miles on it which is averaging 26k per yr.

Here is a carfax:

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=3TMLU4EN8AM038734&partner=VSR_0

I test drove it and everything felt fine, In fact it felt powerful (i used to drive a ford fusion so alot of difference). The rear bumper is all dented in as well as stains on the cloth seats. the dealer said all that will be fixed before bought and it is only like that because they just got the truck.

MY main question is is that a fair price and should I worry about the reliability of the truck?

I am at work and cant post pics yet but i will post some later on today. Thanks guys and look forward to joining the tacoma club!!!

2. Apr 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    thzpcs

thzpcs Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma SR5
    So, in good condition, the KBB value is only about $16k, and that's not factoring in the dents and stains and such. I wouldn't worry about the reliability of the truck, but that price is way too high

3. Apr 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM
    gb42

gb42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    WA State
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD OR DCSB MT
    Agreed-on another note, you will get a much better vehicle for less money if you buy private party.

4. Apr 25, 2014 at 5:16 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    Check the frame for rust. Make sure all the TSB's have been done on the truck, ,such as the drive shaft vibration TSB that came out in Feb this year. Also need to see the service records, particularly fluid changes, etc. as if diff's and tranny haveen't been changed (at least 2x for diffs) you'll run into these services. Check PS fluid for darkening and that'll tell you quick.. Radiator fluid should be new looking. Tranny fluid better be brite red. Get an alignment printout too. Check leaks.
    Then offer KBB. If the dealer balks, tell him it's because of 120000 miles. You're taking the risk. He cannot offer you much in the way of warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top