Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wild horses ford bronco leaf springs on a 14' access cab 4wd

Old 04-06-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
Pinoiako916 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alsn
Pinoiako916's Tacoma Gallery
Wild horses ford bronco leaf springs on a 14' access cab 4wd

Is it possible to put in narrower 66-77 Ford Bronco leaf springs on a second gen Tacoma? I am not into the whole thing on flexing, but I am looking for narrower leafs so that I can cut more frame behind the rear leaf spring shackles to improve approach/departure angles.

More specifically, I am trying to put in Early Ford Bronco Wild Horses leaf springs on a second gen (Dimensions 21 inch from front shackle mount to center, and 21 inch from center to rear shackle). The width of those springs are the same as a stock second gen. I am trying to cut as much frame as possible from the rear leaf spring shackles on back to convert it to a flatbed and improve approach/departure angles.

Will axle wrap be a problem?

Attached, is a picture of the wild horse spring

What is your advice on this? Can this be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Wild horses ford bronco leaf springs on a 14' access cab 4wd-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-2014, 05:12 AM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
If you move the front hangers.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:45 AM   #3
Pinoiako916 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alsn
Pinoiako916's Tacoma Gallery
Will the rear shackles move forward as well?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
That would be up to you. You can leave the rears where they are and move the fronts towards the rear or vice versa I suppose.

As long as the axle stays in the same spot you should be ok. Seems like a lot of work.

Do you already have those bronco springs or are you buying some?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #5
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously bro? Still asking this same dumbass question? I think u have created enough threads on this "truck shortening" topic. Jesus. I vote mods lock thread