1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

headlight eyelids with AVS bug guard.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kyleTRDtaco12, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Apr 7, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    kyleTRDtaco12

kyleTRDtaco12 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Base DCSB 4x4 V6 6MT (202)
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust TRD Sport Package Springs & Shocks (Front Linear Coil Springs, Rear TSB Leafs) Front & Rear Toyota/Bilstein 40mm Shocks) Silver Toyota 16" SR5 Wheels with 265/70/16 BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A Tires w/ Locks OEM Black-Chrome Housed Headlights (SR package) OEM TRDpro Grille Insert RokBlokz Rally MudFlaps w/ Stamped Logo OEM 'TRD Sport' Bedside Graphics TRD QuickShifter w/ TRD Shift Knob Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads w/ Brembo Blank Rotors OEM Front Aluminum Skid-Plate eBay TRD seat covers Rear Diff. Breather Mod A/C Drain Extension Mod OEM Fog Light Kit OEM Intermittent Wiper Switch OEM Bed D-Rings OEM Bed Mat OEM Door Sill Protectors Blacked-Out Badges (from Xrunner 205 Black Sand Pearl) Pop & Lock Tailgate Handle TruXedo TruXsport Roll-Up Tonneau Cover AVS BugFlector II Front Bug Guard AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visors TRD High Pressure Radiator Cap Stubby Radio Antenna Ultra-Gauge EM v1.2 w/ Windshield Mount BullaCulla 7-Pin Relocation Bracket Misc. Stickers
    Hey everyone, i have a 2012 tacoma and I want to get eyelids of the headlight and was wondering that since I have an AVS bug guard, will that cause clearance issues with where the hood and guard meet with the headlights? Thanks if anyone has pics if this setup plz post them here lol

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  2. Apr 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    kyleTRDtaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-Back Exhaust TRD Sport Package Springs & Shocks (Front Linear Coil Springs, Rear TSB Leafs) Front & Rear Toyota/Bilstein 40mm Shocks) Silver Toyota 16" SR5 Wheels with 265/70/16 BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A Tires w/ Locks OEM Black-Chrome Housed Headlights (SR package) OEM TRDpro Grille Insert RokBlokz Rally MudFlaps w/ Stamped Logo OEM 'TRD Sport' Bedside Graphics TRD QuickShifter w/ TRD Shift Knob Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads w/ Brembo Blank Rotors OEM Front Aluminum Skid-Plate eBay TRD seat covers Rear Diff. Breather Mod A/C Drain Extension Mod OEM Fog Light Kit OEM Intermittent Wiper Switch OEM Bed D-Rings OEM Bed Mat OEM Door Sill Protectors Blacked-Out Badges (from Xrunner 205 Black Sand Pearl) Pop & Lock Tailgate Handle TruXedo TruXsport Roll-Up Tonneau Cover AVS BugFlector II Front Bug Guard AVS In-Channel Window Vent Visors TRD High Pressure Radiator Cap Stubby Radio Antenna Ultra-Gauge EM v1.2 w/ Windshield Mount BullaCulla 7-Pin Relocation Bracket Misc. Stickers
    Anybody out there??

3. Apr 7, 2014 at 9:52 AM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    best advice I can give is,

take that bug gaurd off ASAP........ they tend to rub the paint on the hood after awhile and screw it up.

theres many of complaints about just that on here

4. Apr 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    kyleTRDtaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Well I've heard that about the OEM ones, but not the AVS one like I have, there is not way the avs one can rub through anything because there is protective tape across the entire wide of the hood, and plus it is completely made of plastic. I switched from my OEM bug guard to this AVS one for that said reason you mentioned lol

5. Apr 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    AR15xAR10

AR15xAR10 AR10 is 5 ARs better

Member:
    Triangle of 26726, 21532, 21502
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 V6 IndigoInkPearl ACLBFTMFW
    Please refer to build (click signature picture)
    My oem one ate through the protective clear tape

6. Apr 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    kyleTRDtaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Yes exactly, I dont trurst the OEM ones... AVS is a-ok tho... but yeah, im looking for someone who is running fibre customs eyelids with an avs bug guard, im concerned about clearance issues

7. Apr 7, 2014 at 11:31 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I know one way for sure that you won't have issues, remove the bug deflector and sell it. I swear they don't do anything but look silly. :D

The avs one is superior to the oem but i still don't think it deflects enough to make a difference, i just clean my windows, hood, and front end more often and much prefer the look with out it.

I gave my bug deflector away i hated it so much

To each, his own.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  8. Apr 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
  9. Apr 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    kyleTRDtaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
  10. Apr 7, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    AR15xAR10

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Being that your truck has matte black everywhere, i think matte black plasti dip eyelids would look fine. Certainly cheap too

11. Apr 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    kyleTRDtaco12

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    That's true but I wanna do it right, id really like to get the actual eye lids and actually possibly paint them magnetic gray metallic so that it matches my base model grille lol

12. Apr 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Op....couple of people told me they like the painted on version more low profile and looks great and save some coin....put up pics regardless of what u do.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top