1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dick CepakDC-2 Hub Spacers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by klruff1, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Apr 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM
    klruff1

klruff1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    LBI NJ
    Vehicle:
    14 Double Cab Sport
    All weather mats, AVS Bug deflector, AVS side window deflectors, Roll-X Tonneau Cover, Locking tailgate handle, Westin Gen-X nerf bars
    Greetings all, I installed some DC-2's on my 14 Tacoma TRD Sport DC, they came with spacers that were too big for correct fitment, so my friend installed the wheels without them. All was well until Toyota did my 1st 5K mile service and rotated the tires, had a bad wheel shake from 50-65. Took it to my local tire shop that did my alignement, wheels were out of balance but he also said I need those wheel hub centering spacers to center the wheel and take up the space, that Toyota didn't center the wheel when they re-installed them. He is trying to locate the correct size and a source for them but is taking forever. Has anybody else installed these wheels? Do you have the hub centering spacers and where did you get them?

Thanks for any help.

Keith in NJ.

pond1.jpg

2. Apr 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM
    RightCoast

RightCoast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    LBI, Nj
    Vehicle:
    need's more lift
    Toytec adjustable coilovers, camburg UCA, 5100's in the rear, AAL, 285/75-16 Wardens, Level 8 Mk6 wheels,satoshi grill and BHLM.
    Hey man! Fellow LBI'er, i got some at sbr on rt9 in manahawkin. Im assuming youre just talking about the black plastic rings. good luck!

3. Apr 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    watchdog

watchdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    nanuet n.y.
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Rims and tires , exhaust , stereo , Bhlm ,Changed carpet to black from grey. toytec ultimate lift kit. Allpro front bumper and light bar. In process of blacking out interior. Otrattw switches, black vinyl armrest mod, clazzio leather seat covers with heaters, flowmaster dual exhaust, hornblasters train horns,
    Have them on my 09. No rings on mine. No problem whatsoever.ring that came with them were for gm. Put them on without. Nice looking wheels but wasn't happy when box said made in china. If I had known I wouldn't have bought them. Clear coat blew off them already, had them for a year and a half.
    Ls

4. Apr 9, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    klruff1

klruff1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    LBI NJ
    Vehicle:
    14 Double Cab Sport
    All weather mats, AVS Bug deflector, AVS side window deflectors, Roll-X Tonneau Cover, Locking tailgate handle, Westin Gen-X nerf bars
    Wanted to post a follow up, SBR Tire finally got back to me. They initially thought I needed the Hub spacer, but after they talked to the Dick Cepak rep, they were told that the Tacoma doesn't need the spacers, that the 6 lug wheel is self centering via the lugs, so I gather all that was causing my wheel shake was indeed the balance was way off. Haven't had a wheel shake since the tires were re-balanced.

5. Apr 9, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    You should find a different tire shop. That should be common knowledge for them.

Imagine all the other "wrong" thoughts are floating around in that place if they were not aware that aftermarket wheels are mostly all lug centric!

6. Apr 9, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

Products Discussed in

To Top