1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whistle Noise from stock intake

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mjinc09, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Apr 7, 2014 at 3:31 PM
    mjinc09

mjinc09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mj
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 base silver 5 speed
    none yet but working on it
    Getting a whistle noise from my intake around 2500 RPM 2007 2.7 manual trans. All stock no spacer , checked all hoses look perfect . Is this normal or could be smog pump, throwout bearing ?

2. Apr 7, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    That's just your turbo man.
    Jk

Check for leaks around airbox assembly.

3. Apr 7, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    mjinc09

mjinc09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mj
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 base silver 5 speed
    K thanks yeah my other truck is a duramax does not sound like that turbo Lol

4. Apr 7, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    mjinc09

mjinc09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mj
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 base silver 5 speed
    I took out that charcoal filter right after main filter do you think that's making noise form that now ?

5. Apr 7, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    Wheelspinner

Wheelspinner Coco Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4x4cyl
    Mine and my stepdads 09 are 2.7L 5 speeds and I've noticed these trucks have a noticable whine from the input shaft bearing at certain rpm. It's even more noticable if you have the all weather flooring because it doesn't muffle the sound like the carpet does. In forth gear the trans is 1:1 ratio so this bearing doesn't spin so there is no noise. See if the noise goes away in forth gear and if it does that is all your hearing and I've been told that's just the nature of the beast.

6. Apr 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM
    mjinc09

mjinc09 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mj
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 base silver 5 speed
    Thanks I will try that in the am . I had the old 22r with no noise at all from Trans this is my first tacoma but this truck is great . I can make it whistle in second and third for sure and I can back the throttle back to 2800 to 2500 and It always comes back . I tryed with truck in neutral and pushed gas pedal to 2500 and no noise

7. Apr 8, 2014 at 5:38 AM
    Wheelspinner

Wheelspinner Coco Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    '13 4x4x4cyl
    Yea in both our trucks second and third is very noticable then nothing in fourth and again but a little quieter in fifth

8. Apr 8, 2014 at 5:47 AM
    669sprink

669sprink Crazy Cracker

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 pre runner tacoma
    1.5" Wheel spacers all around, 2.0 fox coil over with foxes in the back to match it up, add a leaf. 285/70/r16 general grabbers. my magnaflow exhaust k&n intake just threw in some maxtrac spindles. Total chaos UPA. Bunch of other little things
    HahahahabahahhHha I started a post on this exact same thing. It's not from the intake I changed mine from stock to k&n still does it, it's not the weather stripping I changed it, I thought it might be a throttle body spacer but it's not ( I bought it used). The whistle comes around 3700 just as your giving it gas you can play with it right like if you give it a little gas it whistles and if you let up a lil it stops... And so on.

Toyota says its common in all their Manuel transmissions good to know you have the same thing. I've had mine for 5 years with no issues so I guess it's ok do what I did get a nice sound system and bullet proof glass.

Products Discussed in

To Top