1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ok. I need some advice....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by badguybuster, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    badguybuster

badguybuster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I figured out what the squeaking was that was coming out from under the drivers front wheel well after I put my lift on. Keep in mind this is only on the drivers side. The SWAY BAR is rubbing against the COIL SPRING...:help: So, how the hell does that happen and why only on one side??? How do I fix it???

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    Shoot a PM to tacoman and/or chris. They can probably tell you what to do.

3. Apr 2, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    I had the same issue when I lifted my truck. The swaybar was rubbing the drivers side lower spring mount.

My solution was to take the U-shaped swaybar bracket off of the drivers side and elongate the round mounting hole and turn the bracket 180 degrees. This allows you to move the swaybar far enough forward so it doesnt rub anymore.

Marc M

4. Apr 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM
    badguybuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Well, I took the whole damn thing off today and put it back on again. Same issue. Oh, it is a 2.5" lift. I did recheck all the bolt tightness and a couple were too snug so I fixed that but it didn't help.

So how do you mean you ROTATED the sway bar 180 degrees?

5. Apr 2, 2009 at 11:43 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Toytec makes a sway bar relocate kit- Just somel spacers to move the brackets.

6. Apr 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    badguybuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    That doesn't look to fancy, I could probably fabricate those on my own. Hell, (2) 1/2" pieces of steel and a couple bolts.

7. Apr 2, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm sure it's doable...

8. Apr 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM
    badguybuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    On a separate note. I am going to buy a set of the body spacers to level out the rear but the smallest kit I can find is 1". So, I put the AAL's on the truck and they were supposed to lift up to 2.5" BUT only ended up going to about 2". If I put the 1" block that will give a lift of 3" in the rear which is 1/2" higher than the front BUT will I have to put drop kits on any other parts???

9. Apr 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I don't think so....the problem comes from moving the front around....maybe a carrier drop..but I'm not sure.

Have you looked for a place that can re-curve the springs a bit...and add the extra lift??

10. Apr 2, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    Marc M

Marc M Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Not the bar, the bracket that attaches it to the frame. If you remove and look at it you will see a round bolt hole on one side, and a slotted hole on the other. I elongated the round hole so it was also slotted giving me the ability to slide it far enough forward to clear the spring seat.

Marc M

11. Apr 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM
    badguybuster

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Interesting. Did it affect the sway bar function at all?

Products Discussed in

To Top