1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Taco. Waiting

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Captain, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    Captain

Captain [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    nys, Hudson Valley Area
    Vehicle:
    2017trd sport pkg d/cab LB
    Well I was told my new truck was being built week of March 23rd with an ETA of April 25th. So far so good.

About March 27th the ETA date was moved up to April 18th Even better !

Since then nothing has changed, Can't find out anything new. Dealer called someone at Toyota distrubution (while I was there) and was told the truck has probably been built and is sitting in the Baja plant waiting for enough vehicles to be shipped to SanDiego for further shipping to the east coast. Does this sound right.

I told the dealer the mexicans are raising hell down there and are prob ably using my white taco as a shield and it's full of bullet holes.

I asked him why it isn't showing a VIN # yet and he told me that only happens when it is released to freight. What do you think???

2. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think you've still got about 10 days before you get real worried...If it hasn't posted the VIN and/or shipping info...and you've got 3-5 days until it's supposed to be delivered...then I'd be concerned and start making some additional phone calls.

3. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM
    Captain

Member:
    nys, Hudson Valley Area
    Vehicle:
    Thanks...Iam driving the dealer NUTS. I check the salesmans computer at least three time a week..

4. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I don't blame you...but they know you ordered it so it's not like they'll take your money and run.

Best of luck getting it tho!!

5. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    Captain

Member:
    nys, Hudson Valley Area
    Vehicle:
    Let you know ..thanks again just looking for reinforcement and info. If it was a ford I would know when it was bucked, came off the line, had a vin assigned and what freight railroad car it was on. That was another time... thanks for the reply

6. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    Madchild

Madchild Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bloomington MN
    Slim's HID, Tonnau Cover
    should have lived in MN

I just picked up an 09 DC LB SPORt

7. Apr 2, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    Captain

Member:
    nys, Hudson Valley Area
    Vehicle:
    Just what I have ordered, couldn't find it anywheres with what I wanted ...guess I just have to deal with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top