1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New build starting on my 2013 DCSB 4X4

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Doug.McKee, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Apr 19, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    Doug.McKee

Doug.McKee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    13' DCSB Magnetic Gray 4X4
    Body: Bushwacker fender flares CMC Body mount mod Custom dual exhaust Magnaflow muffler Debadged Predator steps Backup camera Extang trifecta tonneau cover Customcargrill's mesh grill with raptor letters from B.A.M.F. Rear differential breather mod Tacoma Bed mat ECGS clamshell bushing replacement for needle bearing Rigid series fog lights (SAE Approved) Rigid Dually lights ICON UCA's Interior: Rugged Ridge front and rear floor liners Line-X door sill protectors TRD shift knob Black Katskin leather seats Recovery: ARB snatch straps Hi-Lift Jack Armor: Pelfrybilt front plate bumper
    Initially I got it like this from the dealership
    [​IMG]
    I installed some Bushwacker fender flares, predator steps, debadged everything, got some black katskin leather seats, and a custom DUAL exhaust w/Magnaflow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im trying to make everything in the interior black, not sure on how long it will take or how im going to tackle it yet. Hopefully a lot more mods to come.
    Let me know what you think, and any suggestions?

It currently has a 3"in Prolift suspension on installed by the dealership. Im pretty sure this is just a block lift and am a beginner in the subject. Ill try to send pictures when I get the chance. right now there 33's on it as well.

2. Apr 19, 2014 at 1:24 PM
    06midnight

06midnight WORK HARD - PLAY HARD

Member:
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco PreRunner TRD
    3" Spacer/Block Lift, Billet Grill with Painted Surround, Clear Headlights, LED Tails, Double Din Nav Radio, LED Interior Lights
    Looks great bud! Nice to have the dealer already get your taco going. Like the wackers! Keep up the nice work. What size tires are you wearing?

3. Apr 19, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    RxAVAGE

RxAVAGE Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD Off Road pyrite mica
    I really the the exhaust and was thinking of doing something similar, how much did it cost approx? Leather seats are pretty sweet too.

4. Apr 19, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    Body: Bushwacker fender flares CMC Body mount mod Custom dual exhaust Magnaflow muffler Debadged Predator steps Backup camera Extang trifecta tonneau cover Customcargrill's mesh grill with raptor letters from B.A.M.F. Rear differential breather mod Tacoma Bed mat ECGS clamshell bushing replacement for needle bearing Rigid series fog lights (SAE Approved) Rigid Dually lights ICON UCA's Interior: Rugged Ridge front and rear floor liners Line-X door sill protectors TRD shift knob Black Katskin leather seats Recovery: ARB snatch straps Hi-Lift Jack Armor: Pelfrybilt front plate bumper
    33X12.50.R18 LT

new to larger tires, what does the 12.50 mean? and the LT?

5. Apr 19, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    The whole setup was about 400 with labor. Took the guy about two hours to do a fully custom job (with exception to the muffler). The Katskins cost about $1000 from the dealership although it took them a couple times to get it right. If you have the extra cash I would advise purchasing them yourself and getting it installed by someone. I'm not exactly sure what is required to do the, on your own. They are definitely worth it though, very comfortable.

6. Apr 19, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

BORNWILDGUY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TACOMA TRD SPORT DCLB LIFTED W KDMAX-PRO XT TUNE
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    width and lt is light truck,

7. Apr 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    thanks, appreciate the quick response

8. Apr 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    so what is everyone's opinion on smoking out the taillights and the third brake light or should I keep it stock? Just asking cause next I'm getting tint and it will all be done in one job.

9. Apr 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    Love the leather, not diggin the bro wheels though.

agunday21 and DustStorm4x4 like this.
  10. Apr 19, 2014 at 3:17 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    If you smoke the tail lights and make it subtle I think it looks clean, too dark and idk.

11. Apr 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    what you not liking about the wheels Large?

12. Apr 19, 2014 at 10:48 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    FULLY LOADED WITH THE TECH PACKAGE, LEATHER, JBL, LED HEADLIGHTS, MOONROOF, EXTANG FULL TILT COVER, NFAB SIDE STEPS, OEM ROOF RACK, TRD PRO TAILS, WHITE RAPTOR LIGHTS, 15% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, BILSTEIN 6112'S W 650# SPRINGS AND 1/4 SPACER, ICON LEAF SPRINGS W 5125 REAR SHOCKS, 18 x 9 -12 Weld Racing Ledge 6 wheels w 275/65r18 Toyo AT III tires
    The wheels look good. As long as you like them that's all that matters.

13. Apr 19, 2014 at 10:51 PM
    TheStevo

TheStevo Baja Taco Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevo
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    MAGNETO
    TC +3.5 LT, Fox COs, King Bypasses, DTF SUA w/ 3x18 Quad bypass, Fox Air Bumps, Method 17" NVs, 35s, Relentless Fab custom tube bumper, skids, & sliders, lots of LEDs
    here's smoked lights on my truck...
    [​IMG]

14. Apr 20, 2014 at 9:14 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    nice man thanks for the pic. Was looking to see how it looked before I did it or not. I had it done on my pyrite mica before and looked awesome.

Awesome truck by the way.

15. Apr 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    StealthTaco

StealthTaco www.ecgfabrication.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Alec
    NC
    Vehicle:
    05 Black Tacoma TRD Sport 6-speed
    Looks good!

16. Apr 21, 2014 at 8:23 PM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    Today I decided to use Bed armor on the door sills to make them black, hopefully it holds up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also decide to take the center piece off where the shift knob is and paint the rest of it black. The only part that was left was the inner chrome piece closest to the shift knob. I ended up taping off everything because I could not figure out how to get the inner piece off from the rest of it. In the end I think it was a decent result.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm doing the rest of the interior little by little and will keep everyone posted. Also, I was wondering has anyone else done this? I've seen little pieces painted here and there but haven't seen someone try to do everything. Just wondering if this is a task I can handle. Some of the plastic pieces look like it may be a task to take out and put back together.

17. Apr 22, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    Tonyda239

Tonyda239 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Off-road on 20" KMC Hoss
    HIDS, LED'S, Westin Step Bars, 20" Hoss Wheels, plastidip badges.
    You said that the Katz leather was only $1,000, I went to their website and saw the whole set for $2,000. Truck looks good but how does it ride with the pro comp lift kit and do you have front spacers or different springs?

18. Apr 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM
    BORNWILDGUY

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    If you shop around you can get a good deal on katzkin leather. I custom ordered mine ( 2tone, contrast stitching with perforated inserts) paid a lil less than 1k installed. Custom soft trim did mine in Tampa and they have a location by you.

Ft. Myers
    CST Installation Center
    5301 MLK Jr. Blvd
    Ft. Myers, FL 33905
    (239) 418-1011

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  19. Apr 22, 2014 at 9:07 PM
    watchdog

watchdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jim
    nanuet n.y.
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma
    Rims and tires , exhaust , stereo , Bhlm ,Changed carpet to black from grey. toytec ultimate lift kit. Allpro front bumper and light bar. In process of blacking out interior. Otrattw switches, black vinyl armrest mod, clazzio leather seat covers with heaters, flowmaster dual exhaust, hornblasters train horns,
    Blacking out my interior also. Just do a little at a time.the biggest piece is goin to be the back wall of the cab. Replaced the gray carpet with black. That was a chore to do.

20. May 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM
    Doug.McKee

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Grovetown GA
    Vehicle:
    Just got the tint done- 5% all around except 35% in the front and taillights smokes and a windshield visor.

Also got a mesh grill from customcargrills.com and letters from B.A.M.F

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top