1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Climate control Lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by puckstopper55, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Apr 22, 2014 at 4:35 AM
    puckstopper55

puckstopper55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    '11 Double Cab TRD Sport, Mag Grey
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's
    So last night I noticed that the left half of my climate control is dark. I pulled off the knobs and found : 1)there was a dim bulb on the right hand side of the fan speed, 2) a bright bulb on the right side of the temp select knob and 3) Two bright bulbs behind the "zone" knob (one bulb on the left and one on the right).

I have a few questions: 1) How many bulbs are there per knob. It seems like two. 2) Does anyone know of a good replacement bulb site? I have searched and didnt find anything specifically for a 2011, but did come across many posts pointing me to http://www.autolumination.com/74.htm and bulb 79674-S3N-941. I have also seen mixed results using the C5 bulb from http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led.

Finally, is the "recycle" button supposed to illuminate? I know mine isnt and I dont remember if it is supposed to or not. If so, is there an easy fix? Thanks.

2. Apr 22, 2014 at 11:48 AM
    puckstopper55

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    tailgate anti-theft Map Light LED's Dome Light LED LP LED Halogen Bed Light Extra D-Rings in bed Anytime Fog Lights Tri-Fold tonnau cover Wet Ok's
  3. Apr 22, 2014 at 4:32 PM
    hotrod53

hotrod53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynd
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 DCLB Sport, ‘18 TCH, ‘13 TCH
    Weathertech floor liners moded to hold OEM floor mats, weathertech vent visors, Toyota bed mat, LEER 100XL cap, hood gasket mod to stop whistling.
    Toyota uses what I would call a "light pipe". There are only a few bulbs, 2 if I recall. Don't think because a right bulb is out that the right stuff is dim and vice versa, the lights are shared to both sides through these plastic square tubes.

Easy fix, the bulbs twist in/out but they are about $10 each at the dealer. Get a 1 1/2" putty knife and wrap 1 strip of black electrical tape around the blade, shove it under the temp control unit and wiggle the unit out, there are no fasteners.

There are guys posting that have modified LEDS for this but I used the OEM when mine went out on my last truck.

4. Apr 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM
    puckstopper55

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    thanks. Judging by the lack of responses I may just bite the bullet and head over to the dealership for this.

5. Jun 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    judd94

judd94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Vehicle:
    17 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium
    Mods in Progress
    I have the exact same bulb burn out. After I did some reading it looks like theres only 2 LEDs for the entire climate control cluster. Looks like Im stopping by the dealer tomorrow.

6. Jun 3, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    Just an FYI, the dealer will rape you on that little bulb. I think I paid $17 when one of mine went out. They are available online for a lot cheaper.

7. Jun 3, 2014 at 3:10 PM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Try ebay, I got 2 from there, I think 5 bucks for both.

You can also take one out and go try to match it. I think(?) Corvettes use the same type of bulb. Called a wedge base I think.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top