1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How rare are 2009 reg cab Prerunners?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chad68, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Apr 3, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I used Vehix, Autotrader, Cars.com, Edmunds and I think one more to try and find either 2009 reg cab 4x4 and reg cab prerunners and could not find a single reg cab Prerunner on the West coast in any color. I only want silver streak mica. Lots of extended cab Pre's, which I have ZERO interest in.

Does anybody have the production numbers for the '09, '08, '07, or '06 reg cab Prerunners?

It's hard enough finding a silver streak mica 4x4 in CA but the Prerunner version seem to be so far impossible. If I end up buying either I may have to get the 4x4, since it's so hard to find the Prerunner. I kinda want the 4x4 anyway but I'm not 100% sure which just yet. The deciding factor is going to be including, insurance, little lower loan payment and trans/driveline repair costs once factory warranty expires. I know the pre would be cheaper in the long run and in the short run.

Anyway, where are the reg cab pre's hiding?

2. Apr 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    agtex42

agtex42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    They're kinda hard to find used. I was only able to locate two prerunners and three 4x4s within 300 miles of me when I was looking last month, most were at dealerships and all were around 17k with 25k+ miles. I got lucky and found a private owner that was selling his prerunner for the loan payoff amount with only 12k miles on it. I looked in the Dallas Fort Worth TX area too and was only able to find one prerunner at a dealership and they were asking some crazy amount (18.5k or something like that). So yeah, they're fairly rare and if you find one for a good price you'd better jump on it quick or someone else will. I told the guy I would buy the truck from him the day I test drove it and he had two calls inquireing about it while he was on his way home.

3. Apr 3, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    GoBlueFan

GoBlueFan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Bossier City, LA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 PreRunner
    Step bars, billet grill with custom TOYOTA, MB Quart RSI 216 components, Hifonics ZXi 4410, RAAMmat deadened doors/back wall/roof covered with ensolite , 24" Magnaflow muffler, hand polished stock exhaust tip, tinted, OEM TRD Bilstiens all around with 1/4" spacers up front to level it out. Sport wheels added.
    I just bought a 08 regular cab prerunner this week. Didin't like the 09 versions due to no bucket seat option. They had one reg cab pre (white) on the lot and a ton of access cabs. Glad I ended up with what I got.:D

4. Apr 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    I was just in the toyota lot yesterday that had a silver one that was SWEET Lookin!

www.lovingtoyota.com
    Ask for Steve

5. Apr 3, 2009 at 11:43 PM
    BUK 0H5

BUK 0H5 Still For Sale

Member:
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 2.7L Manual AccessCab SR5 PreRunner
    Removed Mud Flaps, Suspension TSB, 5100's all around, JVC KW-AVX710 Head Unit with Metra surround.
    I test drove a silver 09 Reg cab prerunner. I didn't like it at all. Ride was way rougher than the AC and it had a bench seat. Split bench would not be too bad but I can't stand bench seats.

6. Apr 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    Bakemono

Bakemono Wrath of the runbird

Member:
    Southern Wisconsin, USA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Toyota Tacoma regular cab 4x2
    Regular cab PreRunners can be kinda hard to find. Ive seen lots of base model regular cab 4x2s and regular cab 4x4s, but not many regular cab PreRunners.
    I actually would have really liked a regular cab PreRunner (the higher ground clearance and rear locker would have been nice for driving in the snow), but there really werent any available with the options that I wanted (I wanted a simple truck that didnt have every option in the book) and I really didnt want to pay $5,000 more for a 4x4, so I went with a base 4x2.

7. Apr 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I'm just the opposite. I actually like bench seats in a truck. Bucket seats would remind me of driving my 350Z and I want my truck to give the total opposite feeling as a/my car.

The ride quality doesn't bother me since it's just a truck and it's going to be lifted with MT tires anyway, so it's never going to drive like a caddy anyway. Down the road if the rought freeway ride bugs me too much I could just try coilovers all the way around and or try less aggressive tires. Allthough I can tollerate quite a bit in the name of fuctionality.

It's just going to be used for daily driving around town with short weekend trips to play in the mud. I imagine it's rougher tha the AC or DC due to the shorter wheelbase and lighter weight. But I like the shorter wheelbase for off road use. I live less than a mile from work anyway. Longer trips I just use my car. Out of State trips (which are maybe every 2 or 3 years)that require the truck, I would just put the stock wheels and tires on.

I'm sure I will end up getting the 4X4 because I would probably regreat getting the prerunner. On the other hand I might regreat spending more money on the 4X4 and find out I don't use or need it enough to justify having it.

Bottom line is I just think the reg. pre's are just too few and far between to find one. I have seen two or three 2009 4x4 regs in silver mica in the last 6 months or so at my local dealership but I have never seen a reg, prerunner in 4 years on the lot.

On the other hand I may just decide to keep my truck I have now and buy a 2010 Aprilia dorsoduro LOL. Would get more use out of a new truck though.

8. Jun 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM
    ingyhere

ingyhere Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Taco Prerunner SR5
    Ditching bucket seats in regular cabs was the most retarded thing ever done by Toyota. They offered buckets in regular cabs for 30 years then all of a sudden dropped them. The Toy pickups were strongly marketed as sport trucks since the late 70s. That's what I want, a sporty truck, not grandpa's old GMC with benches.

9. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    my '88 had a bench seat so i think you are wrong

10. Feb 3, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    ingyhere

ingyhere Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Taco Prerunner SR5
    Yeah, mostly bench seats, but I want to be able to select the option! Now you can't even get it at all in a 4cyl.

Products Discussed in

To Top