1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

vent visors

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Barry J, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Apr 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    I haven't noticed any noise with either the tape on or in channel. I just like the cleaner look with the inchannel.

2. Apr 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    My Lund inchannel visors came with tape. You use a small piece of Scotchbrite to buff the felt where the vent visor goes, put them in place, and rise the window to pinch the visors in place. The instructions say to leave the window up for at least 24 hours so the adhesive takes a good hold. I haven't had any problems at all.

I have heard some folks having problems with the inchannel ones that do not use tape. Some report that the vent visors will blow out of the channel at high speeds with the window open.

3. Apr 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM
    kac686

kac686 New Member

Member:

Question for you or anyone else for that matter... My taco currently has the in-channel visors with tape. Does anyone know how to remove these? I'm not sure how to get the tape to come loose from the inside of the felt they adhere to. I want take them off for a cleaner look, but not if it means destroying my window to do it... Any ideas? :confused:

4. Apr 17, 2009 at 3:56 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    If it was me, I'd start with a dull pocket knife. Push the blade of a dull pocket knife up between the tape and the felt, and work your way from one end to the other. With the blade being dull, it shouldn't cut into the felt weatherstripping. This IS all theory though.......

5. Apr 17, 2009 at 4:06 AM
    09TRD

09TRD it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,
    Glad to hear there's not a huge amount of wind noise with the in channel, they do look alot smoother.

6. Apr 17, 2009 at 4:38 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro

I would call the manufacturer and ask them for removal tips. Possibly a heat gun and a straight edge (spatula) to break the contract...?

Products Discussed in

To Top