LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

vent visors

Old 04-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Barry J will become famous soon enoughBarry J will become famous soon enough

Barry J's Tacoma Gallery
vent visors

Ok side window vent visors...In channel or taped on ????
And where did you buy??
Thanks
Barry
Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
MUDEATER69 is on a distinguished road
MUDEATER69's Tacoma Gallery
I went with channel..... No mess from tape if you have to remove them.

JC WHITNEY
Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
In-channel, and I got mine off of ebay. Looks sleeker I think with IC's.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
factory ones,tape.they were on it when i bought it.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
I went in channel...No tape or junk left over if you hvae to remove them. Easy to take off for whatever.

I got mine thru AutoAnything with a discount code..
Same here
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
tape on vent visors from www.trdparts4u.com, i had them on other vehicles and they never gave me problems
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #9
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely in-channel.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...s-channel.html

I liked the EGR Slimline's because they have a smooth design. It's minor but the others have a lip on the edge. WeatherTech, ASV, Punto...they are all good.

Not sure about other brands but the fronts did not have double sided tape on it to hold it tight. The back is held tight with adhesive strips.

I love to leave the windows cracked to get ventalation while I drive...without wind blowing in your face.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I have AutoVentShade In-Channel visors. I bought them from AutoVent Shades website.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the in channel has more wind noise??? Has anyone ever had both?
Old 04-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #12
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
AVS tape ons... There great, No aditional Wind noise. & My dogs wont nock them off when they got there heads sticking out!!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 PM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TRD View Post
I heard the in channel has more wind noise??? Has anyone ever had both?
I haven't had both on this truck...between my Dodge and this....These aren't really louder with wind noise. I do get occasionally rattles and a squeak when I'm putting windows up.

But for the clean look....totally worth it.

+1 to Vecc about the ERGs-I got their visors and hood protector...Very happy with both of them.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech in channel - bought off of ebay... can't remember from who though.

I have the inchannel on the taco, and tape on, on the camry. Definately like the in channel better. Don't have to worry about them coming loose and they have a cleaner look.
Old 04-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #15

Barry J's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Thanks for all the input...
I've had the tape-on ones on my Dakota for seven years, with no problems.
But, was curious about the "in-channel"
How do they mount in??? How secure are they??? Do they just get squeezed between the weatherstripping, and do they ever come down???
Thanks
Barry
Old 04-04-2009, 05:24 AM   #16
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Inchannel. Bought my Lund vent visors at Autopartswarehouse . com.

I have had tape on visors on other vehicles and do not notice any additional noise with the inchannel style.

I like them inchannel much better. Lower profile, slimmer/cleaner look.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #17
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J View Post
Thanks for all the input...
I've had the tape-on ones on my Dakota for seven years, with no problems.
But, was curious about the "in-channel"
How do they mount in??? How secure are they??? Do they just get squeezed between the weatherstripping, and do they ever come down???
Thanks
Barry
They fit in the channel by tucking one end in and then bending the visor to fit the other end in. They seat up into the window channel and just get held there by their own rigidity. Mine rattle in the wind occasionally and that's about it.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #18

Barry J's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, how about for those who have the stick-ons..where did you get them...what type??...and have you ever had problems with them
Thanks
Barry
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #20
nolanrod8 is on a distinguished road
nolanrod8's Tacoma Gallery
I just bout AVS tape ons at Advance Auto Parts, for like 40 bucks and they look real nice, no noise or nothin

Products Discussed in this Thread