Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma prices

Old 04-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
geist262 is on a distinguished road
geist262's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma prices

Hey guys, I am new here and soon to have a Tacoma. Anyway, I am being offered a tacoma trd off road extra value package with towing and 4x4. It is a double cab. How does 29000.00 OTD sound? My sales tax is about 1643.76 and tags are 216.00. The MSRP is 31,239. Let me know what you think. Thanks so much. I never haggled before, so I don't know how far to go.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure you can get them to do a lot better. Wait for some more responses though.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Are you looking at a DC or Acess cab? Sounds a little high to me. I would find another dealer and play them off of each other. Don't look at what the payment will be, do the math and try to get about two thousand below the sticker. I am pretty sure Toyota is offering rebates also. It should be less than that. Never underestimate walking out (not rude) just say "well thanks for your time but that's to much) they will do a little better.

Try to get about three or four off the sticker!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #4
I am in contact with 3 dealers, one being in NY. NY wants 29,673 OTD Dealer A was originally at 29,255. I told him to lose 255. Dealer B said 29,050 OTD.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
Looking at double cab
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by geist262 View Post
I am in contact with 3 dealers, one being in NY. NY wants 29,673 OTD Dealer A was originally at 29,255. I told him to lose 255. Dealer B said 29,050 OTD.
Thats way to much man, it all depends on how much you can put down and your credit. I would say you can do way better! This is not Wal-Mart. Make an offer then don't be afraid to leave or take a drive to a different state.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #7

Okay I know you are across the country but I have a friend trying to get a Tacoma DC long bed sport, 09 with everything. Longly Toyota in CA offered him that truck for 24,000 out the door. Now that is the biggest dealer in the country however your dealer can do better.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Wow, that's way cheaper than invoice I would imagine. 4x4?
Old 04-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
Bookem is on a distinguished road

Bookem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Customs View Post
Okay I know you are across the country but I have a friend trying to get a Tacoma DC long bed sport, 09 with everything. Longly Toyota in CA offered him that truck for 24,000 out the door. Now that is the biggest dealer in the country however your dealer can do better.
Are you sure that truck is not a prerunner? Before tax and title he is looking at $27140...not bad for a $31,239 Taco.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:18 PM   #10

No that was a Prerunner however the sticker was 28,700 so 24,000 was a great deal. Now I am not saying this is the norm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best deal I have heard of, all I am saying is you are pretty much paying sticker, get at least a couple grand off the sticker. Also if you wait until the end of the month the dealer will be much more willing to work with you.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #11
Yeah, I was wondering that too. I might drive out there for that price. LOL
Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #12

Has the dealer added some mods or what? The sticker just sounds to high.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by geist262 View Post
Yeah, I was wondering that too. I might drive out there for that price. LOL
If you want to call them man call Longly Toyota in El Monte CA. You could at least tell your dealer you know guys being offered the truck at that price. Call them and ask what they want for the same truck you are looking at.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #14
http://www.toyotascionofscranton.com...ff665a346ae053
Old 04-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #15

Build the exact same truck on the Toyota site in your zip and see what they show. If you can get it for 2 grand less than what they say it should be in your area then go for it. Just play hard to get!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #16
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Man I live in the wrong state. Here in Wisconsin a Double Cab 4x4 SR5 is like $31,000 sticker.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #17
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah haggle a bit more!
Old 04-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #18
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
This is how to get the best deal.

Go to edmonds.com. Know EXACTLY what you want. Type in your selection & zip code. You will get a spot on invoice breakdown. Select "contact by email only" first (some will still call you). Hopefully you live in a big city so you have 5-6 internet depts responding. Call them & negotiate low. Act like your in no hurry. The end of the month IS better. There is a slight variance in regional pricing sometimes.

Secure your financing before you go in. If they can match/beat it, great. If not, no problem.

I have bought 3 new vehicles in the past 3 years. My last purchase was in Dec. Got a smoking deal.

Good Luck!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #19
Molōn labe!
choptop will become famous soon enough

Name: Scott
choptop's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely hold out for a better price and walk out if need be. After negotiating I wound up with about $4000 off MSRP on my Pre-runner back in December plus the dealer beat my in hand financing apr.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #20
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by choptop View Post
Definitely hold out for a better price and walk out if need be.

That is great. Just say something like: "o.k. that's still not where I need to be. I'll keep looking around, I'm in no hurry. I'll keep you in mind."

Always be proffesional too. They are just doing their job & trying to make a buck as well.