1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debadging

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by elena619, May 1, 2014.

1. May 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    Drakivnsf

Drakivnsf Dance Party Guru

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    '12 White Tacoma DCLB 4x4
    TRD Supercharger, URD CAI, BRP pre-axle catback, Anytime Rearview Camera mod, Power Sliding rear window, Glassworks Unlimited Front Fenders, ScS Stealth 6 wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17, 3" All-Pro Std Leafs, 2.0 Fox adj. res. shocks, 2.5 Fox res. Coilovers, All-Pro +2" LT kit, Timbren Bumpstops front and rear, All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front bumper, RCI IFS Skid, RCI Sliders, more to come.....
    everyone is giving good advice except on how to remove the residual adhesive from the sticker. Use goo gone after you peel the sticker off, stuff works fantastic with a micro fiber cloth at removing the adhesive. Also works good for overspray from plasti dip.

2. May 2, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    elena619

elena619 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    elena
    Albuquerque, NM and San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD
    2nd exhaust bhlm solar led halo headlights blacked out tail lights and 3rd brake light
    Haha I used my blow dryer and it worked prime. Thanks for the info though!

3. May 2, 2014 at 2:50 PM
    elena619

elena619 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    elena
    Albuquerque, NM and San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner TRD
    2nd exhaust bhlm solar led halo headlights blacked out tail lights and 3rd brake light
    Aw man I had some trouble with that goo gone. I used it and it did work but I must've been too eager to get the adhesive off because it took a little elbow grease. But it's all good now, she's successfully debaged. Thanks for the info!

4. May 2, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    Yep. Hair dryer, WD40 and a credit card.

5. Jul 7, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    Grumpy

Grumpy My 1st Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Maurice
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    14/DCLB/V6/4x4/SR5
    17" Method Grid Titanium rims w/ Pro Comp Sport A/T 265/70/17 tires, Mobtown Offroad ribbed Tailgate skin, installed LED lights in painted rear bumper black, faux TRD grill, color match grill surround. LEDs in map, license plate, center console, and dome lights. Anytime driving lite mod, debadged, vent visors, AA Maglite mounted under center console armrest. Antitheft hose clamp on tailgate, LED bed lighting kit. LED spot lights in lower front bumper. Weathertech floor mats. Painted various interior parts black, homemade 7 pin relocation bracket, Valet under door LEDS, CMC, SPC UCA, Bilstein 5100, OME 885, Headstrong AAL. Pop&Lock.
    I debadged my 2014 today, I used about 3 packages of dental floss then used my thumb to get the big pieces of adhesive and then Goo Gone to clean up what was left afterward. You have to let the Goo Gone sit for about 5min before working it with a cloth to let it do it's magic.

Didn't use a heat gun, I just let it sit in the sun. I will need to hit the spots with some rubbing compound and then wax to make it perfect.

6. Jul 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    MagneticTaco79

MagneticTaco79 COLD ASS HONKY

Member:
    First Name:
    AARON
    WV
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 2012 Tacoma AC TRD Sport 4x4
    ALL KINDS OF SHIT
    Heat gun and fishing line. WD 40 to clean off the goo.

7. Jul 8, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    ssanders2211

ssanders2211 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4
    behind the rear seat hi-lift mount bracket, easy-out crossbed toolbox brackets, sliders, ATO plate rear bumper, hood/bed lighting, always-on 12v outlets, dashcam, Viper 5806V w/ GPS
    I used a heat gun and a plastic spatula to get the logo off, then 3M adhesive remover and those blue shop paper towels to get the glue. I don't recommend that method.

The spatula worked fine but left a lot of glue behind, and the 3M / towel combo dulled the finish so I had to polish it with Scratch-X. It looks fine now though, no visible defects.

8. Jul 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
    I used a product called Goof Off. Had my decals off in a few minutes. Used alcohol to get rid of the residue and then buffed out the paint. I had ( RuggedT , A member here ) Make me some TRD decals in flat black.

[​IMG]

9. Jul 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I wouldn't recommend using either of those on paint.

10. Jul 9, 2014 at 4:34 AM
    bw4706

bw4706 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma DCSB
    Bilstein 6112's , Eibach Coils,Hankook Dyna Pro MT 265/75/16, SPC UCA's, General Spring HD leaf packs, De-Badged, Ranch Bed Cap, Mag Light Seat Mount driver and passenger, Mini Mag Console Mount,Hard wired GPS, LED's in and out, MB TKO Wheels, After market grill, Heated seats, Diff breather relocation mod, LED Under Hood Lighting, LED Bed Lights, Aux. LED Reverse Lights, 30" L.E.D. Light Bar, Redline Tuning Hood Struts & EZ Down Tailgate. 6 Circuit Aux. Fuse Panel W/Circuit Breaker. Front & Rear Facing DVR cameras, High Lift Jack Bed Rail Mount. Clazio Leather Seat Covers. All Pro Heavy Duty Rock Sliders, 4x4 illuminated switch mod, Ignition converted to Push to Start. Bushwacker fender flares, Cali Raised side projector ditch lights. Cali Raised L.E.D. fog lights. 3 x 3 L.E.D. rear spotlights , Anzo headlights and taillights.
    Didn't affect the paint or clear coat at all, and I was done in a matter of minutes : )

11. Jul 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    BuddyS

BuddyS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport 4x4 MT
    I just left mine parked in the sound for a few hours then peeled the sticker off with my fingernail. Came off in about 4 big pieces. A little goo-gone to clean up what was left of the adhesive, then a wash and wax of the area. Easy as pie. Turned the truck around and did the other side an hour or so later.

Products Discussed in

To Top