1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacement parts when taking off spacer lift?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by joe5, May 1, 2014.

1. May 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    joe5

joe5 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 V6 PreRunner SR5 TRD Sport
    3' Lift,BF Goodrich 33' All Terrains, Gear Alloy Off Road Wheels, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Chrome Front Grill, Chrome lining all around truck
    Hey,
    Right now I have a 3'' Revtek spacer lift in the front and back of the tacoma. I was running 33/12.5 tires with that and the ride quality/mpg was trash. Now that I needed new tires I went back to 265's and want to take off the lift.

Goodyear says to take the lift off would be 119$ per hour in labor, and I need 6 bolts for the struts and new U joints/bolts. Is this true? Or do all the parts on the lift right now work if I were taking the actual spacer off?
    What do I need?

Thank you

2. May 1, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    Team Flatline

Team Flatline Not squatin' w/ my spurs on...

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Up a creek, Fla
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Maxtrac'd, Icons, Dakars...........
    All you should need is a set of hand tools, a decent jack and jack-stands and some elbow grease.

The front spacers can re-utilize the existing hardware and the rears the same. Other than the u-bolts with your lift being longer than stock, you can still utilize them for economies sake (however, you should not really ever re-use the u-bolts as they weaken with each torqueing).

Eric

Products Discussed in

To Top