1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ABS braking issues

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dorcik54, May 2, 2014.

1. May 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    Dorcik54

Dorcik54 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Biloxi,MS
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    bull bar, KC lights, Hid lights, tool box, running boards, bug guard, rain guards, fog lights
    I have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, I got into a rear end accident, new axle, new housing, new leaf springs, new shocks, and bed liner and bedside. I was driving it today and every time it almost get to a complete stop the abs braking would go off. What would make this happen? Also I jus replaced the front passenger side axle. The frame may also be bent. Jus curious on what could be making this happen. And when the front axle broke grease went everywhere, so grease could possible be on the abs sensor could that be a problem as well? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!

2. May 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM
    wannabetrd

wannabetrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    3inch front 2inch rear lift with add a leaf and extended brake lines trd exhaust
    Sounds like a sensor problem maybe just dirty when you slow down almost to a complete stop and a sensor drops from say 5 mph to zero abs will come on cuz it thinks you are locked up and if it isn't throwing a code you may need a live data scan tool with abs function to read it and see which sensor isn't working right

Products Discussed in

To Top