1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Outside temperature gauge

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jacquot, May 3, 2014.

1. May 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    jacquot

jacquot [OP] Member

Member:
    la tuque
    Vehicle:
    trd sport
    I have a new Tacoma 2014 Trd Sport. I am very desapointed because the outside temperature gauge is not included with my truck. The temperature probe is installed on the radiator with the wiring ( 2 wires). The compass is is on and i also have the dimming Mirror. What do i have to do if i wish this gauge.......Thanks

2. May 3, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    hawkeye89

hawkeye89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Minneapolis
    Vehicle:
    '14 Spruce Tacoma DCSB
    Tailgate Antitheft, Locking storage bins, sliders, caltrend seat covers, seat warmers, bike racks, tonneau cover
    either get an aftermarket mirror or ask the dealer. My dealer happily installed both before I picked it up off the lot. Granted, I made sure it was in because the brochure said it had the gauges.

3. May 3, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    dogbite

dogbite Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    '10 double cab TRD OR
    OME lift, Leer shell, Beefed sliders, Extra 12V outlets for rear bench
    Pick up a scangauge. Monitor the intake temperature for one of your 4 gauges. It will be a few degrees warmer than the outside air. In my neck of the woods, it's usually 4 degrees difference between the scanguage and the temp display on upper console.

When I'm wheeling in the heat of summer, then the temps are more variable but they're pretty consistent just driving around on pavement.

4. May 3, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    Taco'09

Taco'09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to getting hosed on our '14s. That temp. sensor you reference is for the A/C system...not sure if it can be shared with another display...have not been able to study the wiring diagram yet because Toy currently wants an outrageous $180 for a printed copy:confused:...I just got a Gentex auto-dim/compass/temp. mirror from one of the new vendors here on TW and ran another temp sensor up front next to the A/C one.

5. May 22, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    jprice07

jprice07 New Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Double Cab
    Stock... for now.
    I too just picked my 2014 Tacoma Double Cab TRD with the Premium Pkg and on my way home from the dealer notice no Outside Temp Gauge. I called Toyota Canada and they completely denied any issue and I still have the brochure that clearly states it's included in the package I purchased. Matter of fact the Customer Service agent said it was my fault for not test driving the truck first and she went on trying to throw the dealer under the bus... that I need to confront the sale manager. The 2014 cost me almost $2K more then my 2012 that I traded and NO outside temp gauge.

My second Tacoma in two years and Toyota Canada tells me it's my fault for not test driving the truck first.

6. May 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    jethro

jethro Master Baiter

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    2020 Ford F-150 Lariat 5.0L V8
    Hate to say it, she's pretty much right! If you look at the brochure there is always an * after the print that says "Subject to change". She is also right that your dealership should have went over this with you. You should make a stink at the dealership, be calm about it and position yourself this way... tell them you think it's unfortunate that their sales staff aren't given the necessary tools to be sucessful in their jobs. Express your disappointment in the Management and Toyota Corporate that your salesman wasn't told the truck had changes from the distributed brochure. This is Toyota Corporates' fault, not the dealership! (it's really the dealerships fault but you are trying to get them on your side). When the 14's started delivering they should have had a little pow wow with the salesmen and explained the differences. To be honest, you shouldn't have taken delivery, but it is what it is.

7. May 23, 2014 at 6:01 AM
    hotrod53

hotrod53 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lynd
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    ‘14 DCLB Sport, ‘18 TCH, ‘13 TCH
    Weathertech floor liners moded to hold OEM floor mats, weathertech vent visors, Toyota bed mat, LEER 100XL cap, hood gasket mod to stop whistling.
    I'm about to turn in my 2013 under lemon law and take possession of a 2014 with no temperature. The temp in the mirror has been quite the topic of conversation between Toyota Mid west, my dealer, and myself. IMO, its a must have for me. I spoke to the dealer and we discussed pulling my mirror from the 2013 and installing it in the 2014. It's by no means a done deal at this point, but I intend to stand firm. The new truck does not have the Entune radio that has the weather app so I would have nothing.

Products Discussed in

To Top