Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got rear Leaf TSB done and have regrets anyone want to swap for their 3 leaf pack....

Old 04-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #1
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got rear Leaf TSB done and have regrets anyone want to swap for their 3 leaf pack....

I got the rear TSB done and I think it rides a little high for my liking. I did not think they would lift me as much as they did. I have a little remorse.
If anyone in the Vegas area would like to swap their 3 leaf pack off their DC let me know.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you will have people waiting in line for this.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
I got the rear TSB done and I think it rides a little high for my liking. I did not think they would lift me as much as they did. I have a little remorse.
If anyone in the Vegas area would like to swap their 3 leaf pack off their DC let me know.
give it a week or 2 man...........it'll settle a decent bit.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #4
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Like Will says, let it settle a few weeks before you give up on it. Mine settled back to almost the original height in a few weeks.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
put some weight in the bed (sandbags) it will settle.

Dont you enjoy the ride much more now???
Old 04-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
I got them put on yesterday. I have about 120 miles on it since they were installed. The ride at first was a little rough, but it is breaking in a little. I have been trying to hit bumps and stuff to help everything settle in quicker. The rear of my truck is 1/2 inch higher than the front now and I want it level. My coilovers are set at 2.25 inches of lift and I would like to be able to lower them a little.
The ride is a little better than the OEM springs, but the front is a little firm because I have to have the coilovers cranked up to be anywhere near the height of the TSB leafs. I would like to drop my coilovers 2 full turns or 1/2 inch, which means I want the rear of my truck to drop 1 inch. I do not think they settle that much do they? They have already settled over 1/4 inch. I hope they have a little more to them. Where can I get sand bags? I need about 500 lbs worth, seems like a pain in the ass, lol.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
You are the 1st person I hear saying this about Rear leaf TSB.. Its such a awesome upgrade..... I wish the best for you.

Maybe some wood bedrails would add enough weight to bring it down a little...

Old 04-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^That makes me want to assault someone.
no need for violence.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #11
Mall Cruiser Pilot
SuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the roughSuperD is a jewel in the rough

SuperD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
^That makes me want to assault someone.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
You are the 1st person I hear saying this about Rear leaf TSB.. Its such a awesome upgrade..... I wish the best for you.

Maybe some wood bedrails would add enough weight to bring it down a little...

WHO?!...... WHY?! That guy needs help
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
alright, I take it back. There is need for violence. HAHAHAAH
Old 04-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
Madchild is on a distinguished road

Madchild's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine done and absolutely love it.

I hit coverleafs way faster than before. Less body roll.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #15
mdt1963 is on a distinguished road
mdt1963's Tacoma Gallery
i only can hope there are termites near the bedrails on that truck ... awful
Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madchild View Post
I just got mine done and absolutely love it.

I hit coverleafs way faster than before. Less body roll.
That's what I like! not mention just feels stiffer.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #17
BrianB is on a distinguished road
BrianB's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like he got the wrong toolbox and needed to shim it up. The bedrails do the trick. Tennessee technology at its best. It takes a redneck to interpret the redneck ingenuity.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
it will settle.