1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Random hesitation, 06 taco, 2.7l :(

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mrburns05, May 4, 2014.

1. May 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM
    mrburns05

mrburns05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Menifee CA
    Vehicle:
    06 AccessCab SR5 L4
    None yet
    Pardon my ignorance, I did a brief search and didn't find anything, maybe some of you can help.

My 06 tacoma with the 2fe (2.7l ) 4 banger has a few times at complete random, lost power for a second or two when I would push on the gas to accelerate, each time it has happened was from a rolling start, not a dead stop, almost felt like the entire truck just forgot what to do for a moment.

It has only happened a few times over a few months but this last time was the worst, it was the longest hesitation to date.

Since I got the truck, I have changed oil every 5k, new air filter, cleaned MAF, intake hoses, and throttlebody very thoroughly, I also removed the entire intake manifold and cleaned the buildup out, it has new coolant and thermostat, new radiator cap, and runs great 99% of the time. Also flushed the transmission about 15k miles ago (I'm at 256k now, woot)

Not sure where the issue could be, no error codes, no check engine lights or warning signs- just random "I forgot how to truck".

Where do I start? Lol

2. May 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
    welterbf123

welterbf123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road
    12voltsolutions.com plug-n-play remote start system. OVTuned OEM Bed lights Underhood and footwell lights Garmin dash-cam Weathertech side vents, bug shield, mud flaps and floor mats Extang Encore tonnau cover OME BP51 Suspension Front & Back / Dakar Leaf Springs Light Racing UCA's XD Holeshot 17" x 9" Wheels Nitto Trail Grapplers 265/70/R17 TRD Pro Grille Raptor Lights iJDMToy 30" LED Hidden Bar Light Toyota Bed Step
    Throttle position sensor? Or possibly the accelerator pedal. (It's 'fly by wire')...

3. May 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM
    mrburns05

mrburns05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Menifee CA
    Vehicle:
    06 AccessCab SR5 L4
    None yet

I'll look into those! Thanks!

Products Discussed in