Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2014 extended warranty prices

Old 05-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
chubrok is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
chubrok's Tacoma Gallery
2014 extended warranty prices

Hello all I just placed an order at my local dealership for a 2014 Tacoma double cab four-wheel-drive TRD sport package with towing. I am trying to do research on prices for extended warranties. I want to be prepared before I sit down with the " finance guy". I don't want to hear about "don't buy it and it's a waste of money" because I would rather pay one fee now that I can control the price on versus who knows what they feel like charging you later. I found the posts with the dealers in Vermont selling them for very cheap over the Internet but as I understand it they no longer can sell them from out-of-state. You actually have to buy them from a dealer in person. Can you please list the prices you paid for your extended warranty for your 2014 Tacoma. Also can you list where you purchased your extended warranty. I plan on getting as many quotes as possible to battle the dealer for the price of the warranty when I pick up my truck. Please list how many miles and how many years you extended your warranties for. Thank you in advance
Old 05-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #2
zmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zmw's Tacoma Gallery
So I have a friend who is a director at a toyota dealer, so I take him at his word pretty well - the Toyota platinum extended warranty, which is a 7yr/100k mile warranty cost the toyota dealer right at 820$ - you should be able to negotiate that warranty down to 1000-1100$

You've got to let them make SOME money, but if you can get it for less than 1200$ it's worth every penny. I did it on my truck because I did the SC and I plan on beating the piss out of it.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
JackDaRiffer is on a distinguished road
Name: John
JackDaRiffer's Tacoma Gallery
I got it for $995 7yr/100K miles on my V6 Prerunner DCSB here in North Carolina.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubrok View Post
I don't want to hear about "don't buy it and it's a waste of money"
Nice...and a total of 4 post.

Anyway, you might wanna list what type of coverage you're looking at....miles/years/deductions etc...
Old 05-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #5
zmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shedzmw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
zmw's Tacoma Gallery
For the price of the actual toyota extended warranty it's worth it - Although there are some shady dealers who mark them WAY WAY up, just tell them you want it for a 1000$ and chances are good you'll get it. The finance guy gets bonused on the his attach rate, so even if he's not making a lot of money on you, you're adding to his pool to hit his bonus.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #6
EdinAthens is on a distinguished road

Name: Ed
EdinAthens's Tacoma Gallery
7 year 120,000 mile - $1048.00
Heyward Allen Toyota - Athens, Ga
Old 05-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #7
chubrok is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
chubrok's Tacoma Gallery
Not bad... Anyone in Illinois I have to purchase it from a dealer in my home state
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to have the extended warranty rolled into your loan note?

Paying cash in full for your truck or financing it?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:53 AM   #9
dilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud ofdilligaff82 has much to be proud of

Marines: VMA-223
dilligaff82's Tacoma Gallery
Asking $1500, paid $760 for 100k mile/unlimited time in NH.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:01 AM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
You could send an email to the dealers in your area and see what kind of prices they offer.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
So i am looking at a 2015 and the guy told me $2150 for the platinum warranty. Wow after reading this he's way off.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
Canufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to beholdCanufixit is a splendid one to behold

Army: SP5 Army N Guard  Ret
Name: People who call me say "CANUFIXIT"!
Canufixit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEP View Post
So i am looking at a 2015 and the guy told me $2150 for the platinum warranty. Wow after reading this he's way off.

Oh Yeah ! For my 2012 platinum plan dealer wanted something like 1.5K or 1.8K? But I found one on the internet for something like 800? I returned to my dealer with the email/quote in hand and he matched it - no questions - but he did say ... "wow that's a great price" (as I pocketed the difference).

I can pull my numbers if you need them,

As stated above, If you must buy in state, call many dealers and talk to the finance guy and say "can you sell me a Plat warranty for say 1K? If you find one that says yes - keep calling and reduce the price by a couple hundred and just keep going !!! The price you got is insane (unless to includes a new frame incase of rust out )
Old 09-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
steelhd is on a distinguished road
steelhd's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy the extended warranty anytime up until yours expires. Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota is a days drive from you. I would bet a six pack that nobody will beat his price. Rent an econocar and make a roadtrip out of a trip to Kansas, lol.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #14
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $820 for 7 year/120k miles