Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The hunt is exhausting!!!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
ryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to behold
ryanf's Tacoma Gallery
The hunt is exhausting!!!

well I am taco hunting. I want an 06-08 AC, with 6-cly and 6-speed, Pref TRD-OR package.....but now finding that combo hard, maybe an SR5? And they arent cheap this is what i have found so far.

• 06, from Private seller, 41K, TRD-OR, 6-speed, very well maintained, all records, but with a few small dents, and some dirty interior.. can get it for $17,000
  • 06 from Dealer 23K miles, TRD-OR 6 speed, nicer color, listed @ 23000
  • 08 from dealer, 13K miles, TRD-OR listed for 26000

It's tough to find, If I wanted an auto it would be much easier to find, and Im actually considering it. I just don't want to regret getting it because i was impatient.

ARG!!! and I don't want an 09 because of the rear seat change.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #2
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
In the end tho................I will be well worth the wait! Good luck!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go with the first choice and if you feel the need grab an extended warranty. 41K is just broken in for a Toyota.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Well have you gone and looked at the 09's? The rear seat really isnt that bad. I dont have anyone who rides back there besides my dogs. But dont rule out the 09's just because of the seat. I have a 09 AC SR5 and it was only 21k and i love mine.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
ryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to beholdryanf is a splendid one to behold
ryanf's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I really dont like the 09 seats, I love the fold flat ones. Plus up in NY the 09's arent that cheap.

So far the first one with the 41K isnt bad. I can buy it cash with no payment. Clean it up and drive it forever. I might check out the dealer see if they have anything. But have to see.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
ffblaze911 will become famous soon enoughffblaze911 will become famous soon enough

Firefighter: Engineer
Name: Matt
ffblaze911's Tacoma Gallery
selling my 05 if you are interested?
Old 04-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Option 1.
A little TLC & you come out so far ahead w/o the outrageous dealer markup on used especially if you have no trade & cash.
Great place to be when you are buying! Congrats!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanf View Post
Yea I really dont like the 09 seats, I love the fold flat ones. Plus up in NY the 09's arent that cheap.

So far the first one with the 41K isnt bad. I can buy it cash with no payment. Clean it up and drive it forever. I might check out the dealer see if they have anything. But have to see.
Thats what I wish my 09 did.. fold flat. I am taking that stupid center console out of the back though.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
Option 1.
A little TLC & you come out so far ahead w/o the outrageous dealer markup on used especially if you have no trade & cash.
Great place to be when you are buying! Congrats!
From what i understand, the used car/truck market has a ridiculous markup.