1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VIP R3200 installed but cannot test GBS

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toniodiaz, May 7, 2014.

1. May 7, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    toniodiaz

toniodiaz [OP] Crazy and lovely member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maruko
    Southmerica
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 TRD Sport Silver Double Cab and now 2013 SR5 TRD Sport Red Double Cab
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Catback, aFe Cold air intake system, HELLA Rallye 4000 Celis lamps, Spyder Smoke CCFL Halo projector Headlights, JBA Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers, Centric Cross Drilled Front Brake Rotors, URD smaller diameter S/C pulley, Roof Rack, Recon Tail light bar, 3" OME Leaf pack at the rear with 5100 Bilsteins and Regulable 2.75" Toytec Red Springs with 5100 Bilsteins in the front, Total Chaos UCA, Front TRD Skid Plate, Black Tube Step Bar, Black Emblems and TRD Sport Stripes decal, I JUST FINISHED MY MOD TO THE PARKING, DTR AND TURNING LIGHTS, When you hit the turning switch, DTR ad Parking lights turn of on the side the Turn signals are flashing, so they don't disturb their intensity. Everything installed with my own little hands and help of my dear friend and of course, your mods.
    Hi folks,
    Here I'm stuck with the testing of my new Toyota OEM security system.
    I finished installing all the hard wiring and after doing the final check list of the system operation, I cannot go further because after tapping onto each and every glass of my Taco the system does not trigger.
    I did as the manual says, and adjusted the Glass Sensor to level 8, and nothing happens, then I tried with levels 1 to 11 with no success.
    The system is supposed to trigger a short horn sound and lights flashing, isn't it?
    How can I be sure it will work (without breaking a glass, of course)

2. May 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5

I tested the one I had before by kicking a front tire. It does take a pretty sharp rap on the glass to set it off. After all it is just a vibration sensor. Rare back and kick the shit out of the front tire and let us know what happens.

Products Discussed in

To Top