1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on temp check mode for 5 speed auto transmission

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ssanders2211, May 7, 2014.

1. May 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    ssanders2211

ssanders2211 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4
    behind the rear seat hi-lift mount bracket, easy-out crossbed toolbox brackets, sliders, ATO plate rear bumper, hood/bed lighting, always-on 12v outlets, dashcam, Viper 5806V w/ GPS
    I'm getting ready to do the AT fluid check in a few weeks, mostly for my peace of mind. I haven't noticed any problems shifting but I haven't driven an auto transmission for a long time either so I'm not sure how it's supposed to feel. One thing I'm wondering from the various guides is with temp check mode - do you have to enter it each time you start the engine, or does it stay on forever until you turn it back off, or what? Is it ok to turn it on and drive around like normal all day to practice and get a feel for how things heat up? Thanks in advance!

2. May 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    billinwoodland

billinwoodland Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    N. Cal
    What is temp check mode? You got me on that one.:eek:

3. May 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM
    gearcruncher

gearcruncher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Canadain bumper technician
    Great white North 51.0333° N, 93.8333° W
    Vehicle:
    2010.TRD.SportDCLB4x4Limited leather package
    TRD Sport Rally -5 speed automatic Limited ,Factory heated leather seats ,chrome package,Super white with front windows tinted to 35 % Dick Cepek DC-2 wheels Summer tires - Good year silent armor P265/65R17 Winter tires - Good year P265/65R17 Ultra Ice studded Illuminated 4x4 switch TRD 3rd brake light cover ($20) TRD seat belt shoulder protectors (5). ($50) TRD ...B pillar emblems ($20) TRD rear slider sticker with devil horns ( $6) TRD summer floor matts ($60) TRD steering wheel emblem ($20) TRD floor pedals .($95) TRD shorty antenna ($14) TRD front Windshield emblems ($17) TRD head pillows .($60) TRD head rest protectors TRD door scuff protection $20 TRD floor matt emblems ($40) TRD tow plug emblem . ($40) TRD cigarette lighter with LED.($35) TRD tissue dispenser ($12) TRD front bezel emblems ($9) TRD door emblems ($6) TRD lanyards($9) TRD lisence plates with TRD bolts($50) TRD fender emblems TRD center caps Part Number:PT904-35070-CC ($80) TRD cd
  4. May 9, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    ssanders2211

ssanders2211 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    '14 DCLB 4x4
    behind the rear seat hi-lift mount bracket, easy-out crossbed toolbox brackets, sliders, ATO plate rear bumper, hood/bed lighting, always-on 12v outlets, dashcam, Viper 5806V w/ GPS
    Thanks for pulling all that together! I looked through those but I couldn't figure out if it was ok to do any extended driving around while temp check was enabled and that wire was shorting those pins.

I got the crush washers ordered from the dealership and a fluid pump bottle is on the way so I should be ready to go the weekend after this one! I also have 2 kits from Blackstone Labs so I'm going to send in some AT fluid and oil to see what they have to say.

Products Discussed in

To Top