Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nicest dash light change I've seen done

Old 04-06-2009, 05:34 AM   #21
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful, but waaaaaay to complicated for me. I'll F it up. When will you be touring Cali?

Maybe you can set up a vacation to the states and change out lights as you move across the US.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #22
Carolina Alliance
tarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtarheelfan_08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
tarheelfan_08's Tacoma Gallery
This may be a stupid question...but how do you go about getting the plastic protector off so you can get to the gauges??
Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #23
Addicted to V8s
Toph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shedToph is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toph's Tacoma Gallery
Jay...yeah I guess just figure out what colors you want. I think I'ma change the needles (except for the tach) to red and HVAC to red to overcome the orange and save hassle.

I guess I'll have to modify the way the needle picks up light from the LEDs...so that as it rotates towards redline it transitions from the green LED to the red one...and in the transition...it'll be yellow.

I've been soldering for some time...never have done surface mount LEDs, but doesn't seem too tough.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #24
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
This may be a stupid question...but how do you go about getting the plastic protector off so you can get to the gauges??
The bezel?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:23 PM   #25
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Toku is the man... lol
x2!!!!
Great work! Maybe he can do something for me at some point in the future...
Old 05-15-2009, 09:52 PM   #26
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
I drove my friend's VW with blue dash lights and found it really annoying.
Orange and red are the best for night vision (just ask any submarine commander.)
Old 05-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #27
NMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to allNMG is a name known to all

NMG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
I drove my friend's VW with blue dash lights and found it really annoying.
Orange and red are the best for night vision (just ask any submarine commander.)
I LOVE the blue in our Passat and previous Jetta. It's a "relaxing" colour and I've found that it makes for less eye strain, while still being very easy to see and read.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #28
Resident Canuck
HwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to allHwyRogue is a name known to all

HwyRogue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMG View Post
I LOVE the blue in our Passat and previous Jetta. It's a "relaxing" colour and I've found that it makes for less eye strain, while still being very easy to see and read.
Ditto - that's why I'm gonna go for this mod and change it blue/white shortly...
Old 09-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #29
Chewbacca ate my cereal.
Wing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to beholdWing is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: SSGT 2A373
Name: Grant
Wing's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 07 Santa Fe with Indigo Blue dash lights all around. Took me about 37 seconds to get forever used to it. When I got my Tacoma I was like WTF is this orange sh!t?

On a serious note, I live in Vegas and am willing to purchase this mod. Does anyone know anywhere that I can get this done locally? The only thing I've ever soldered was copper pipe back in my plumbing days. Please send me a message if you can do this in the Vegas area, or know where I can get it done. Thanks!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #31
MadScientist is on a distinguished road
MadScientist's Tacoma Gallery
i like a little more color in my ride. i used 5mm led's which allows me to put them anywhere and make custom color fades, two leds per individual gauge, and one slow rainbow led for the odometer. didn't have to de-solder anything. =)
Ive been working on trucks in the socal area, interested?!....

my new color set up

my old color set up
Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #32
calaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant futurecalaniz0312 has a brilliant future

Name: Carlos
calaniz0312's Tacoma Gallery
Those are really colorful. Looks cool just not my style.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM   #33
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Nice work. Too much color for me as well.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:55 AM   #34
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Ive been working on trucks in the socal area, interested?!....

Yosh2000 already does them in Socal and does it the right way.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #35
wylie has a spectacular aura aboutwylie has a spectacular aura about
Name: wylie
wylie's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody in Northern Illinois do this???
Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #36
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...sweet lights. I don't know how the hell you guys do it. I would break my entire board if I tried messing with it.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #37
gozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shedgozar is one of the sharper tools in the shed
gozar's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #38
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I like the white lights with red needles. That way the AC and stereo ones could stay red without it clashing much.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #39
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
looks fabulous, lol
Old 05-18-2010, 12:28 PM   #40
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
Yosh2000 already does them in Socal and does it the right way.
hehhehehe, thanks for the plug and the comment dude!!

also, mad, are those hotspots that bad in person? i know cameras can exaggerate lighting sometimes, but those look like some very bright hotspots...