Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Nicest dash light change I've seen done

Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #41
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
Nice work guys! I just added 5mm Oznium indago to the door pulls. They stay on after shut down until the door is opened. Dash/cup holders/door handles/Radio & shift console all Indigo.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #42
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Yeah I was thinking of changing mine out but it looked a little complicated so I said screw it. Hey can't you change the LED's on the A/C and stereo controls as well, or all the ones in that general area?
I agree it's like casterating a flea but the rewards are worth the effort. I did my 2 A/C buttons and radio knobs & buttons as well as console & door handle pockets.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #43
Plastic protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelfan_08 View Post
This may be a stupid question...but how do you go about getting the plastic protector off so you can get to the gauges??
There are (6) tabs on the edges. be sure to release all 6 or you will crack the lense and it's a $30. part.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:44 PM   #44
Blue VS red

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozar View Post
I drove my friend's VW with blue dash lights and found it really annoying.
Orange and red are the best for night vision (just ask any submarine commander.)
You are probably right but I like mine blue and I don't plan on driving under water
Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #45
Just finished my wife's RAV-4 dash. Next, her door handles.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 PM   #46
OscarWholivich is on a distinguished road

OscarWholivich's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Gauges

I found this site the other day. http://www.prsgauges.net Sockmonkey & Copper T have had their trucks done by this guy, so they could probably tell you if the like the results. I want to get it done, but have to descide on a color scheme.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #47
OscarWholivich is on a distinguished road

OscarWholivich's Tacoma Gallery
I coppied this from his site. I don't know the guy, but it sounds good to me. I like the "I warranty my work for life." part...........Prsgauges.net PreRunnerSeth’s Custom Gauges
The service is $60 buyer pays shipping or $75 flat rate and I cover return shipping within the continental US with Fedex ground. I’m located in Roseville, CA 95661 for shipping calculations. Local drop off is gladly accepted and work is often done while you wait.
This Includes Gauge Faces, Needles, Needle Painting, PRNDL, LCD, Turn Signals. Anything above that is $1 per LED I change. I warranty my work for life.
A Little info about me:
I am an electronics engineer by trade. I have been soldering for 17+ years. All my work is done with professional equipment..
Old 09-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #48
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
this mod is easy, time to just say f*** it and dive in!!
Old 09-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #49
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarWholivich View Post
I coppied this from his site. I don't know the guy, but it sounds good to me. I like the "I warranty my work for life." part...........Prsgauges.net PreRunnerSethís Custom Gauges
The service is $60 buyer pays shipping or $75 flat rate and I cover return shipping within the continental US with Fedex ground. Iím located in Roseville, CA 95661 for shipping calculations. Local drop off is gladly accepted and work is often done while you wait.
This Includes Gauge Faces, Needles, Needle Painting, PRNDL, LCD, Turn Signals. Anything above that is $1 per LED I change. I warranty my work for life.
A Little info about me:
I am an electronics engineer by trade. I have been soldering for 17+ years. All my work is done with professional equipment..
Thanks for the plug and the email. Most folks know me around here. Been doing business with members for a while.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #50
Banned
06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed06SR5canada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06SR5canada's Tacoma Gallery
im a steamfitter/pipefitter by trade, i have very little soldering experience, and 0 experience on electrical boards, i bought the cheapest soldering equipment, and did this mod without a hitch