1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Topline Truck Bed Bike Rack Installed Pictures

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jacinf, May 9, 2014.

1. May 9, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    jacinf

jacinf [OP] New Member

Member:
    I just picked up my first Tacoma this week (2014 DoubleCab 4x4 TRD Sport, Towing Package, JBL).. and I love it.

I'm getting a bed extender installed next week and I'd really love the ability to transport my vintage schwinn collection around to rides and stuff. I've done my searching on the site and looked at all the various truck bed mounts that are offered.

I know that I do not want the fork style mounts... my old schwinns are a pain in the ass to take the front wheel off so that just won't really work as an option.

The Topline Truck Bed Bike Rack seems to be a reasonable option, as it will just attach to the frame and the bikes can stay upright. What I am looking for is to see if any of you have used and installed this in your Tacoma. I have found the reviews here at etrailer:
    http://www.etrailer.com/Truck-Bed-Bike-Racks/Toyota/Tacoma/2014/UG2500.html?vehicleid=20141363511

There is one specific to the Tacoma with a Bed Liner.. but I want to see how it actually attaches and looks when installed and if I have to cut the Bed Liner for it.

I'm also wondering if I could fab up something so that this Topline can use the accessory rails built into the bed.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top