1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Onto my Third Tacoma...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hilltowner, May 13, 2014.

1. May 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    Hilltowner

Hilltowner [OP] Member

Member:
    New England
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Access Cab 4x4
    Last summer I sold my 2008 - a 2.7 manual trans Access Cab with SR5 package. It was my second Tacoma & it developed some problems at about the same time I had some compelling (family) reasons for getting into an SUV – so I traded for a Rav4 XLE.

Almost a year later I still couldn’t get used to an automatic and trying to be an SUV enthusiast. The RAV is a great vehicle, but I never “connected”. Mostly, we found ourselves with too many truck tasks (we have a rural property with lots of gardens, etc + a businesss). So, with some help from a friend who is in the car biz I got off lightly and into the same truck, but with the convenience package instead of the now discontinued SR5 package.

I plan essentially what I did to the 2008:

- Swap the stock 245/75 s for 265/70 Geolanders. I need a more aggressive tread where I live + the Geolanders have worked for me – good tread wear, high MPG and no balancing problems.
    - Alloy rims if I can find some decent take-offs & deal with the tire pressure monitor thing (will they swap or do I have to buy new ones? – life used to be not so complicated).
    - Tuxedo Lo Pro Qt – great cover & looking forward to another easy install.
    - Kurt Hitch
    - KN filter

I am very happy to be “back”. I swear the ride is a little more comfortable
    as are the seats....Now, do you think Toyota could ever be convinced to
    bring back the shift lever like I had on my 99?

2. May 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    skip the KN filter.

Products Discussed in

To Top