Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

lifts for an access cab

Old 04-06-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
lifts for an access cab

ok guys, I know alot of you are sick of this question. But its about time I lifted my Taco, I don't do off roading, but want it to look good, I'm thinking a three inch lift. My neighbor told me we should be able to do it all in his driveway. What would be my best option to do this, because I don't want to drop too much money when I don't need to. I want it to be a smooth ride like I'm sure you all know. Any help on this issue is appreciated, Thanks again TW builders.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
the anti mpg
tacomajason is on a distinguished road
Air Force: E-4 2A551 Crew Cheif
tacomajason's Tacoma Gallery
you get what you pay for, remember that...
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
hence I'm asking here, I dno't want to save money and wish I didn't although I keep hearing I could spend between five hundred and three thousand, I just want to know what will be good but I'm not an off roader so I don't need to go so hardcore, because I'm not climbing mountains like some of you guys so I don't need to waste money on certain things.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelersoffroad.com Look at Old Man Emu lifts. I have their 881's and i am very happy with the price and ride.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Mainland Newfie
is that all I need for the three inch lift?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
well the kit comes with an aal for the rear. I bought my setup a little used and without the aal. I decided to put the lift on and get the aal after if I needed it. Well my truck sits level so i didnt buy one. I do have the tsb in the rear done though. And also its recomended to get new aftermarket upper control arms to correct alignment issues. Im currently in the process of buying those.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
5100's all around!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #10
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Well you have a few options. Since you dont do a lot of off roading and it will be all cosmetic you can skip the coils and go with spacers. It will save you a lot of money and give you the lift but wont give you the performance like coils would. Now i dont know what kind of ride you will get out of it but i am pretty sure it will stay similar to stock.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Well you have a few options. Since you dont do a lot of off roading and it will be all cosmetic you can skip the coils and go with spacers. It will save you a lot of money and give you the lift but wont give you the performance like coils would. Now i dont know what kind of ride you will get out of it but i am pretty sure it will stay similar to stock.
The ride on spacers can be very rough
Old 04-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
OME 884 coils
OME Shocks
Rear AAL
Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #14
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
rear OME shocks too
what he said
Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
Mainland Newfie
does anyone have any 3 inch lifts here with some pics so I can see, basically this lift is just for street use and looks, but I won't go cheapest routes either, I'm trying to guage what this might cost pre install.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #16
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
does anyone have any 3 inch lifts here with some pics so I can see, basically this lift is just for street use and looks, but I won't go cheapest routes either, I'm trying to guage what this might cost pre install.
try these:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...t-showoff.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ones-pics.html

Theres other threads, I just found these first
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my lift today so no pics but I got a pro comp 3 inch lift. Comes with shocks, struts, springs, and aal for $377 shipped from truckaddons.com
Old 04-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #18
Mainland Newfie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
Just got my lift today so no pics but I got a pro comp 3 inch lift. Comes with shocks, struts, springs, and aal for $377 shipped from truckaddons.com
first that says it goes for almost four fifty??? second can anyone tell me if this is a good set up, remember I'm strictly a street rider, Guess I'm less manly than all you off roaders hahaha.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
Formarly 08TRD4X4RadientRed
Dockhead has a spectacular aura aboutDockhead has a spectacular aura about

Dockhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainland_newfie View Post
first that says it goes for almost four fifty??? second can anyone tell me if this is a good set up, remember I'm strictly a street rider, Guess I'm less manly than all you off roaders hahaha.
Call them to order or when you add to the cart it drops to 390 plus the code for free shipping and $20 bucks off brigs it to right around $370 (I think $376.68 if I remember correctly)
Old 04-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #20
SR5Yoda has a spectacular aura aboutSR5Yoda has a spectacular aura about
SR5Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the same boat as mainland....I liked truckaddons.com but what manufacturer has been the most tested and liked on here? I know there are a lot of Toytec fans on here but I'd like to hear about some other alternatives.