Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Leer 700 tonneau cover

Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 700 tonneau cover

I am very close to purchasing a Leer 700 series cover for my truck...but haven't seen many pictures of these. I did a search and not much turned up. Anybody have pics of this cover on their truck?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Beeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura aboutBeeg has a spectacular aura about

Beeg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebread View Post
I am very close to purchasing a Leer 700 series cover for my truck...but haven't seen many pictures of these. I did a search and not much turned up. Anybody have pics of this cover on their truck?
This guy's got one, 'nuff said.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I seriously just blew water out my nose!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
There go my nipples again!
Dilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedDilsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shawn
Dilsky's Tacoma Gallery
Good lord, I have to trade my cover in for a leer now!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy's got a fiber glass one something like that, he has to call his dad to come over with his sub any time he wants to move some stuff with some height to it, so he won't have to take off the lid, just something to think about. Kinda shitty having a truck and not being about to use it like one when you have to
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #6
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
They should make em where they tilt from the back like normal... but also have the option to lift the entire cover up a few feet.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
094x4 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: F.D.
094x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those are really nice covers. Just to let you know, I work for the fire dept., and one day we had a call for a car accident. There was a big commercial truck that rear ended a pick up with one of those fiberglass covers. The impact was so bad that the tonneau cover broke off, smashed through the back window, killing the driver. It was one of those freak accidents. Just thought I'd share that with you. For me, I got a roll up access lite rider. I like the roll ups because it gives me the access to use my whole bed.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #8

Thanks a lot for that one 94!

So these roll up covers? Do you have pictures of them?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #9
094x4 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: F.D.
094x4's Tacoma Gallery
not yet..i'll get some on though. I don't even have a pic of my truck yet. I was going to wait till I get my wheels on...but I guess stock will do for now.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
Mainland Newfie
mainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud ofmainland_newfie has much to be proud of
mainland_newfie's Tacoma Gallery
I've ordered a g4 elite fold a cover, its a hard folding cover, that locks. if you want to be able to go hard, but still be able to access your truck bed its a good trade off.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #11

Let me know how you like the G4...and if you can, post some pictures!

The decapitation story has me a little concerned. Maybe I could retrofit some crumple zones into the 700?