Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Limited Service Campaign for Corrosive Resistant Compound

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
jdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdvailco's Tacoma Gallery
Limited Service Campaign for Corrosive Resistant Compound

Hi all
I just got a call from Toyota making me aware of this if you are struggling with rust.

Campaign Number E0D

Limited Service Campaign E0D (Specific 20 Cold Climate States Only) - Certain 2005-2008 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles - Corrosion-Resistant Compound Application to the Vehicle's Frame

This is a Limited Service Campaign (LSC). Please contact an authorized Toyota Dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle inspected and the CRC application completed before 3/31/2016. This campaign covers vehicles currently registered in CT DE IL IN KY MA MD ME MI MN NH NJ NY OH PA RI VA VT WI WV & D.C. This LSC will be launched in Phases. Currently only dealers in MA, ME, NH, RI, & VT are authorized to perform this campaign
Condition: Certain 05-08 MY Tacoma vehicles operated in specific cold climate areas with high road salt use, may exhibit more than normal corrosion to the frame. An authorized dealer will inspect the frame. If significant rust perforation is not found*, corrosion-resistant compounds (CRC) will be applied to key areas of the frame. If an authorized dealer confirms the frame has significant rust perforation*, an appropriate remedy will be provided.
*Based on Toyota's Criteria
Attached Thumbnails
Limited Service Campaign for Corrosive Resistant Compound-recall.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
YES!!!

I see the dealers will be notified of this service in phases, any idea when it will be complete?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Stalker
TacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TacoBrah's Tacoma Gallery
Great news. Too bad it's only certain states, I got frame rust but am
not in one of those states.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #4
jdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdvailco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I just scheduled with Milford, MA Toyota to have it done tomorrow.
I'll update you.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvailco View Post
I just scheduled with Milford, MA Toyota to have it done tomorrow.
I'll update you.

also let us know what the crc consists of...
Old 05-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #7
5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
5280Transplant's Tacoma Gallery
So they are going to spray or apply something on the frame instead of replacing it?
Old 05-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
An authorized dealer will inspect the frame. If significant rust perforation is not found*, corrosion-resistant compounds (CRC) will be applied to key areas of the frame. If an authorized dealer confirms the frame has significant rust perforation*, an appropriate remedy will be provided.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed5280Transplant is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
5280Transplant's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good to me. At least Toyota is taking steps to mitigate the issue. Hopefully I don't have significant perforation.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
shockinyall is on a distinguished road

shockinyall's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome. Thanks for getting the word out. Keep us updated.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
What about those of us in Canada? I suspect all Provinces would be high road salt use areas...
Old 05-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
What about those of us in Canada? I suspect all Provinces would be high road salt use areas...
Canadian salt is different than U.S. salt. It is more apologetic.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #13
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280Transplant View Post
Sounds good to me. At least Toyota is taking steps to mitigate the issue. Hopefully I don't have significant perforation.

X2! This is great news! Though I just bought a gallon of Fluid Film and a ton of sand paper lol
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #14
MassEffect is on a distinguished road
MassEffect's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvailco View Post
Hi all
I just got a call from Toyota making me aware of this if you are struggling with rust.

Campaign Number E0D

Limited Service Campaign E0D (Specific 20 Cold Climate States Only) - Certain 2005-2008 Model Year Tacoma Vehicles - Corrosion-Resistant Compound Application to the Vehicle's Frame

This is a Limited Service Campaign (LSC). Please contact an authorized Toyota Dealer and make an appointment to have your vehicle inspected and the CRC application completed before 3/31/2016. This campaign covers vehicles currently registered in CT DE IL IN KY MA MD ME MI MN NH NJ NY OH PA RI VA VT WI WV & D.C. This LSC will be launched in Phases. Currently only dealers in MA, ME, NH, RI, & VT are authorized to perform this campaign
Condition: Certain 05-08 MY Tacoma vehicles operated in specific cold climate areas with high road salt use, may exhibit more than normal corrosion to the frame. An authorized dealer will inspect the frame. If significant rust perforation is not found*, corrosion-resistant compounds (CRC) will be applied to key areas of the frame. If an authorized dealer confirms the frame has significant rust perforation*, an appropriate remedy will be provided.
*Based on Toyota's Criteria

I can see them turning down some trucks with "little" frame holes, based on Toyota's criteria.

I wonder if they'll do the truck on a lift folds in half test as the acceptable criteria..
Old 05-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #15
ShouldaKeptTheOldOne
COoffRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Val
COoffRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bringing my '05 in Thursday for "further" inspection, meaning Toyota is requiring very specific proof. My tech already sent a form and they asked for more...we'll see.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #16
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassEffect View Post
I can see them turning down some trucks with "little" frame holes, based on Toyota's criteria.

I wonder if they'll do the truck on a lift folds in half test as the acceptable criteria..
Yeah I have bad feeling about this too. It's gonna be a fight. Those frames need full paint job, not cover up with some tar.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:17 AM   #17
molimelight is a jewel in the roughmolimelight is a jewel in the roughmolimelight is a jewel in the roughmolimelight is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement: Parole Officer
molimelight's Tacoma Gallery
Not that it applies to me, but, WTF, it snows in Kentucky, but not Missouri? Last time I checked, we are north of Kentucky. I guess I was hallucinating when I was riding around on this in 10 degree weather in February of this year...

Old 05-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #18
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Strange I just check my Toyota account but nothing shows there for my Tacoma except pending 90L (aka cut pedal replace floormat)

I guess NEW England has to wait...
Not sure waht to do, I wanted to do some frame cleanup before winter, but if they gonna wait for winter to come to do check this is going to suck. I Dotn want to leave rust for winter, and I definetely dont want rust to jsut get covered by some rubber junk.
Not to mention if they have to replace frame in winter I better be getting another Tacoma for that week or Tundra.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Strange I just check my Toyota account but nothing shows there for my Tacoma except pending 90L (aka cut pedal replace floormat)

I guess NEW England has to wait...
Not sure waht to do, I wanted to do some frame cleanup before winter, but if they gonna wait for winter to come to do check this is going to suck. I Dotn want to leave rust for winter, and I definetely dont want rust to jsut get covered by some rubber junk.
Not to mention if they have to replace frame in winter I better be getting another Tacoma for that week or Tundra.

I feel your pain, I bought all the stuff to do a frame clean up this summer, then this campaign emerged. Hopefully they start letting dealerships know pretty soon. AND I hope its true fix and not a cheap band aid....
Old 05-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #20
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
Why they wouldn't do all of them, right up to 2014 is beyond me. Like us late model owners aren't going to have a problem at some point- OF COURSE WE WILL. Wouldn't Toyota want to mitigate the issue as soon as possible?

Products Discussed in this Thread