1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Powdercoated 18" 4 Runner Limited Wheels

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by deltaboxii, May 21, 2014.

1. May 21, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    deltaboxii

deltaboxii [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Indianapolis IN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    NFab Front Bumper, Black emblems, PIAA LED lights, Rigid SRM Spots, Rampage Side Steps,Ambient Lighting, Voodoo Tail cap, Bed Step, TRD Skid plate, BakFlip cover, TRD cat back, TRD Pro 17" SEMA Graphite wheels on Nitto Grappler G2 tires/ 4Runner Urban Runner 18 Wheels (powdercoated Anthracite) on Firestone Destination AT tires (Summer), 4Runner Limited 17 wheels (spares), TRD seat covers, Electric tailgate lock, Bed lighting, Mirror mod, TRD Battery Tie, Window tint, Flyeyze LED interior lighting
    This has been a long project but finally got it all done! First I found a cheap set of Toyota 4Runner 18" wheels. Lots of running back and forth between guy selling the wheels, tire shops, the powdercoater. Worth it in the end I think to have something different. I mounted them on a set of the Firestone Destination AT tires. I just got my wheels back from my powdercoater. Had them done in a metallic silver/ gunmetal color (looks more black in these photos than it is). Mounted them up on Tuesday and I am pretty happy with the results. Not bad for $500 between the wheels and powdercoating.

photo(15).jpg
    photo(14).jpg

2. May 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM
    wgreenlee1021

wgreenlee1021 Off the Meds Again...

Member:
    Yeah,$500 for the wheels and powdercoating? That is good!:thumbsup:

3. May 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    deltaboxii

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Indianapolis IN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    NFab Front Bumper, Black emblems, PIAA LED lights, Rigid SRM Spots, Rampage Side Steps,Ambient Lighting, Voodoo Tail cap, Bed Step, TRD Skid plate, BakFlip cover, TRD cat back, TRD Pro 17" SEMA Graphite wheels on Nitto Grappler G2 tires/ 4Runner Urban Runner 18 Wheels (powdercoated Anthracite) on Firestone Destination AT tires (Summer), 4Runner Limited 17 wheels (spares), TRD seat covers, Electric tailgate lock, Bed lighting, Mirror mod, TRD Battery Tie, Window tint, Flyeyze LED interior lighting
    Thanks. That was a big part of the reason why I had to do so much driving around. I live in Indy, and found the wheels in southern IL. Then the powdercoater is an hour 1/2 north of me, and the shop that I like is an hour away also! But for $500 all the driving was worth it.

4. May 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    eliasj7

eliasj7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elias
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    5100's w/ OME 885X, LR UCA's, OME Dakar Leaf Springs w/ OME Nitrochargers. Grillcraft MX Grill w/ white grill trim. AFE Intake. Redline Tuning Hood struts. ADD W1 Oil Catch Can. TRD Cat Back Exhaust.
    They look great.

5. May 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    Cool. I have always liked those wheels

6. May 21, 2014 at 6:18 PM
    deltaboxii

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Indianapolis IN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    Here are a couple more pics of the wheels.

photo(16).jpg
    photo(17).jpg

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  7. May 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Jungle of Love

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    North of Hell
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD