Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

backup camera

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #1
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
backup camera

Quick question for those of you running aftermarket backup cameras.

im in the process of picking up a free to me canopy for my 08 tacoma. i also have a swing away tire carrier with the license plate zap strapped to the spare. im planning on building a mount with a couple license lights in it to mount in the center of my spare tire and would like to add in a backup camera.

due to the swing away a tailgate handle mounted camera wouldnt work for me. any suggestions on a decent but not crazy expensive solution for a camera? i have a pioneer double din HU with input for a reverse camera so dont need a 2nd screen on my dash.

normally i wouldnt bother with a camera but parking around my new place is all tight street parking so with canopy and a spare tire hanging off the back it might prove helpful.

thanks for any help!
Old 05-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
go to amazon and type in backup or reverse camera. you'll have plenty of options between $15-$30.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i should have mentioned ive been on amazon and looked at what they have to offer and was mainly wondering if anyone on the forum has positive experience with these.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
yep. i have two on my truck currently (one on front, and one on the rear), with two more that still need to go on. they are easily aimed, completely waterproof, and have good resolution for what you think you'd get out of a $15 camera.

I have been using these ones, which seem to drop in price every time i look at them.
they'll all perform about the same though. and if you don't like it, you're only out the cost of lunch.

http://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Backup...=backup+camera

Products Discussed in this Thread