1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

This is what $18K worth of damage looks like.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mtnmedic, May 27, 2014.

1. Jun 4, 2014 at 5:31 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Well, this article might interest you. It explains how one couple got a total vehicle loss from GEICO, it was in Denver CO and covers a "how to" that would provide you steps for doing the same.

Cheers!

2. Jun 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    triplejjj

triplejjj Pictographer

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X 4X4
    LoPro QT, Toyota Bed Mat, Husky Liners, ScanGauge, WeatherTech Deflectors, Drop in Billet Grill, Train Horns, PanoFlex Window Tint, Viper Alarm, Remote Start, Console Vault,
    Fix it, Dump it. In that order. :(

3. Jun 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    pepper07

pepper07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Tn.
    Vehicle:
    10' access cab
    Don't forget, after your repair is done, Carfax steps in and your value drops. Most dealers won't give you near the value and won't sell them. They send them to auction. At least that's the way it is in my area.

4. Jun 5, 2014 at 8:01 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA

That has been my experience as well in a couple accidents in the past. It seems like the "at fault" guys insurance prefers you to work through you own insurance company. I suppose they must feel "safer" that way assuming one would be less likely to make false medical claims with their own company, I don't know. I don't know why they can't just state that up front, "file with your company and we will cooperate 100%"

In one of my accidents the other guy was clearly at fault, the police report said so and he even got cited for a no passing zone. Still his company tried to stonewall me saying they would only pay 50%. So my company handled it quickly and recovered all their money plus they recovered my deductable and diminshed value.

5. Jun 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    OCNutty

OCNutty Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northern, Va.
    Vehicle:
    Silver Prerunner DC v6 SR5 Tow
    Get the estimate verified, take the cash, sell the truck on-line as-is, combine the cash and get yourself a new one. I had to do this on my 02. I figure the front, engine, tranny, seats, etc will be a super deal. Probably get 8-10k as is. You can save your rims if you want. I sold my to a wholesaler in Fla who wanted tacos, probably to ship off shore to fix. Local yard picked it up, with a cert. check in hand. What you owe may complicate the deal though......

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  6. Jun 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
    nealkas

nealkas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    nealkas
    Pee-Ay
    Vehicle:
    08 Superwhite DCSB 4x4, stock.
    Hiring an adjuster can be a good idea.
    First, this is what he is a pro at.
    Second, insurers drag their feet less because your adjuster knows the rules.
    3rd, Hiring an adjuster makes you look like a person of financial resources and less likely to be willing to get pushed around.

7. Jun 5, 2014 at 10:47 AM
    11TRD

11TRD MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    Wut? New sig quote anyone?

8. Jun 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
    jake72

jake72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    N.E. PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 trd off-road dcsb mt
    should of complained whiplash and back pain. that sucks I wouldnt want that truck back.

9. Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    kodiak141

kodiak141 Active Member

Member:
    whoa i need to show my wife a pic of that lego car. she wanted one for the longest time. sorry about your truck. that sucks.

10. Jun 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    choppersx

choppersx ZoMbiE aLeRt

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1968 Ford Mustang
    Lifted Bilstein shocks 5100's Front set 1.75, Rear set 1.5 ICON 3 Leaf Progressive add on / Lights-Retrofit with Halos & interior Dome / Tinted windows/AFE PRo Dry Air Filter / Go Rhino Bars / Flowmaster Exhaust 50 series
    Glad you ok man

Looks like less than 18K to me, mine was 10K in repairs . It took 3 weeks to repair. all dealership brand new parts. If it was 18K in damages might as well have it totaled.

Good luck

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  11. Jun 9, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    Darrell592

Darrell592 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darrell
    Okeechobee,Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Double CAB TRD Sport
    Also their is what they call a deminished value of what your truck was worth before the accident and what its worth after if you were not at fault the insurance is supposed to make the difference up but have a pro do the estimate or they wont accept it

Products Discussed in

To Top