1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pelican Case fuse box?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ColoradoPacific, May 28, 2014.

1. May 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    ColoradoPacific

ColoradoPacific [OP] Custom Title

Member:
    Centennial State
    Vehicle:
    Silver TuRD
    ***COMPLETED MODS*** SUSPENSION -Total Chaos UCAs -King 2.0" RR Coilovers w/650# springs -OME Dakar leaf pack -King 2.0" RR shocks -Archive Garage Shackle Flip -Front Range Off Road U-Bolt Flip Kit DRIVETRAIN -URD Short Shifter ARMOR -Pelfreybilt Front Bumper, Steel -Pelfreybilt Full Skid Set, Aluminum -Adventure Off Road High Clearance Rear Bumper -Front Range Off Road E-Locker Skid LIGHTING -Rigid Dually Fog Lights -Rigid 40" SR-2 -Rigid SRQ Backup Lights -AntiDark Underhood LED Strip ACCESSORIES -Safari snorkel -SLEE dual battery tray w/ 2x Interstate MT7-75DT -BajaRack -Custom Bed Rack (Adventure Off Road) -Rubber bed mat (Toyota) -Fender flare delete -Center console 120V outlet -Center Console Vault (TruckVault) -CB Radio -Ham Radio -YETI Bottle Opener -WaterPort shower system -MaxTrax -Hi Lift ***FUTURE MODS*** Re-gear to 4.56 Nitto Ridge Grappler 35s Magnusson Supercharger VIAIR onboard air system 20 gal aux fuel tank
    I was doing some shopping/browsing online last night, and saw what looked like a Pelican Case installed under the hood of someone's Tacoma. Had a bunch of wires fed into the side of it, with rubber grommets and sealed up really well. The picture was showing off a battery cage, so the Pelican Case was just incidental.

But I am curious as to what it was for, or if anyone has seen/done this? My first thought was that it was water-proofing of a fuse panel for deep-water crossings. Does that make sense?

I will try to find the pic/link and add it to this post later...

Okay, here's the link: http://www.pelfreybilt.com/#!battery-cagetie-down-kit/c50f

Last edited: May 28, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top