1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wireless Inductive Charging for your SmartPhone

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SouthSoundRider, May 28, 2014.

1. May 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    SouthSoundRider

SouthSoundRider [OP] New Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    14 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Off-Road
    I setup Wireless Charging for my Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4. It can be done with other phones too. No more plugging the Phone into charging cables and having that mess in the Cab.

Pic 1 is where I placed the Charging Pad. I made a filler out of Foam and covered it in black cloth to make a flat surface. It's pretty much in stealth position and out of the way.

Pic 2 is the foam ring you need to make so your Phone doesn't bounce around on the Pad for normal driving. It's glued to the Pad and works good up to medium size bumps.

Pic 3 is the Charging Pad avail on NewEgg. It needs to be powered by a 2 Amp USB Port that you can buy just about everywhere for like $7 and it plugs right into either of your 12 volt sockets.

Pic 4 is the Charging Receiver avail on NewEgg. You just take your case off and stick it on the two contacts that are made for Wireless Charging of most Samsung and other Brand phones. It does thicken the combined cover and Phone. So some covers may not fit.

So far so good. No heat issues. Works great and does not interfere with Entune at all.

20140301_133235.jpg
    20140405_093027.jpg
    Wireless-Charging-Pad.jpg
    Wireless-Receiver.jpg

2. May 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    wgreenlee1021

wgreenlee1021 Off the Meds Again...

Member:

Products Discussed in

To Top