Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What model shell is this?

Old 05-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
NDmurderedouttaco is on a distinguished road
Name: David
NDmurderedouttaco's Tacoma Gallery

I recently received a new truck with a shell on it. I know the shell is a Leer, but whats the model?
Also i need suggestions for a way of storing at least 2 fishing rods and a maximum of 8 rods and a small 3 tray tackle box in the shell safely off the bed out of harms way. I always have at least 2 rods and my small 3 tray tackle box with me at any given time.
Attached Thumbnails
What model shell is this?-truck-pic-1.jpg   What model shell is this?-truck-pic-2.jpg   What model shell is this?-truck-pic-5.jpg  
Old 05-31-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FYI there should be a serial number plaque inside the cap somewhere , email the SN to Leer and they should be able to tell you the specs
Old 05-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #4
Thanks OZ-T unfortunately my truck is not scheduled for delivery to North Dakota from Virginia until late June. I was kinda thinking it was a 100R but I wanted to be sure so that i could try to get my local LEER dealer to do the Headliner for me.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDmurderedouttaco View Post
Thanks OZ-T unfortunately my truck is not scheduled for delivery to North Dakota from Virginia until late June. I was kinda thinking it was a 100R but I wanted to be sure so that i could try to get my local LEER dealer to do the Headliner for me.

So that's not your truck on the pic ?
Old 05-31-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
hotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lynd
hotrod53's Tacoma Gallery
Not a 100R, it would have windows in the side if it was.

Serial numbers are on a plaque just inside on the left. I don't see that model listed on their current website but it used to be.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #7

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod53 View Post

Serial numbers are on a plaque just inside on the left. I don't see that model listed on their current website but it used to be.

You can get the 100R without windows FYI
Old 05-31-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
So that's not your truck on the pic ?
It's my new beast. They wanted 32k here in ND for it but I was able to get it in VA with the grille guard, sliders, shell and tow hitch and still paid less then 28k. Its getting delivered in 2 weeks
Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod53 View Post

Thats what threw me off I went looking on their website and couldnt find it at all. thats why I was so confused as to the model.They dont have any with pics that dont have anything but the back window, they all had side windows too
Old 05-31-2014, 04:48 PM   #10
hotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhotrod53 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Lynd
hotrod53's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You can get the 100R without windows FYI
huh, I did no know that...I stand corrected. Then yes, probably a 100R because of the aluminum frame rear window and 2 latch handles.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:59 PM   #11
nice to know what the interior headliner carpet usually run on one of those 100r's
Old 05-31-2014, 05:10 PM   #12
Ralston is on a distinguished road

Name: Al
Ralston's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDmurderedouttaco View Post
It's my new beast. They wanted 32k here in ND for it but I was able to get it in VA with the grille guard, sliders, shell and tow hitch and still paid less then 28k. Its getting delivered in 2 weeks

$32k $28k WTF mate? It's a regular cab 4x4, $24k tops if automatic and you can't haggle. I'll sell you the same truck for $26!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 05:43 PM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

I have the commercial version of the 100R , the 100RCC , mine has the side sliders , removeable sliding front window and the carpeted liner plus the reinforced roof and contractor rack
Old 05-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #14
Here in north dakota because of the oil field prices are crazy and 4x4 here means a minimum of 3k more. They dont even have any '14's in the regular cab here either. I had all the extras added on to it and it was still cheaper to get it in virginia then here. And therea only one dealer for toyota here in nd so they twnd to haggle less