1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trouble keeping alignment...any upgrades to help this?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gaston, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Jun 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    Gaston

Gaston [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    BSL, MS
    Vehicle:
    4x4 6MT
    I seemed to have lost a very recent alignment by just 4 wheeling down one little pot-holed dirt road. It was about the lightest damn wheeling you can do, and it was just to pacify my 8 year old. I'm about to take a couple thousand mile road trip, so this pull to the passenger side will need to be addressed before doing so. We're going on a mostly offroad trip, once we're out west, so I have a feeling I'll lose the alignment again.

I have a 2013 DCSB 4x manual and it has been very lightly used. Is there an upgrade I can do to help it be a little 'tougher' to knock out of alignment?

2. Jun 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM
    vram74

vram74 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Prerunner SR5
    Most alignment shops I've used have a mileage guarantee. I would see if your shop does and if you're still in range.

3. Jun 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    Jimmyh

Jimmyh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Prerunner SR5
    Sounds like they aren't tightening everything up to spec when they complete the alignment. A potholed dirt road should not knock it out unless you are flying down the road and hitting the potholes at a high rate of speed.

4. Jun 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    I recall a trick we used to use on front suspensions to get the camber setting to stick. Pull the bolts, knock the parts apart, apply paint, put back together, align. The paint locked the alignment in place, but was easy to get rid of if you wanted to change it up later.

I have no idea if it would apply in your situation or our suspensions, but it's an idea.

Products Discussed in

To Top