1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wiring connector terminals, Suppliers? Cruise Install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whttaco2whl, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Jun 5, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    whttaco2whl

whttaco2whl [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KC
    North of LA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma base model, 2Whl 5Lug
    None
    2009 Tacoma 4cyl, Auto, Reg Cab base model.
    I am trying to install the Cruise that has been reported as working for many, and have read the ENTIRE 41 pages :eek: of the posted help. If I recall, the thread started by mhadden back Dec 2006! Anyhow, certainly by now there has been some new info gleaned by the folks on this board. If so, please pass the help and source info you have found on to this post. The thread was very helpful, but becomes confusing with all the added model years issue, and then wipers and Fog lights questions sneak in there also. For me, on my 2009, I understand I will need to add some wires, as the general consensus was the later models dropped the pre-wired harness. The actual work is not such a big deal, but being sure of the correct spot in one of the connector plugs is critical. As far as I can see, the white plastic connectors are mot numbered. Finding E7 on my ECU, is not 100% obvious, so I am looking for a confirmed location. Also, the wire terminals that Toyota uses are quite hard to find. Toyota parts dept is weak on the subject, but willing to help if I can supply add'l info. They sell terminals with a "pigtail" of wire already attached, which insures the crimp process is done correctly, but not my 1st choice. I would rather have the virgin part to use with my wires. I have already added the CC stalk, a 5 min job, but need wires.
    I will attempt to add a photo here to verify I have connector E7 located correctly.
    from the 2006 CC post, E7 wire 2 is added, which would go next to the Black/Wht stripe wire at the corner in my photo. Correct? :rolleyes:
    (Not sure why, but upload process rotated the photo upside down)

image.jpg

2. Jun 5, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    whttaco2whl

Member:
    First Name:
    KC
    North of LA
    Vehicle:
    None
    Here is the 2nd photo I could not get both attached in the same post. This is the ECU behind the glove box. The vertical connectors on the right, 2nd plug from bottom, with arrow. Is that E7 ?
    (again, upload rotated photo to the side 90deg, top is at left in photo now ??)

image.jpg

3. Jun 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    whttaco2whl

Member:
    First Name:
    KC
    North of LA
    Vehicle:
    None
    Stopped at the dealer today, and thought they might help if I gave them the part number for the wire terminals, and made it easy. At 1st he wanted the VIN number to look up how the truck was sold, but I told him I'd have to walk back out in the lot to get it, so he agreed to TRY the part number I had,....... big effort. Well, that's not going to be the answer. The terminal "Pig Tails" mentioned in the 2006 41Pg post at $6.00 each, are now $18.00 each, and he even said that was a discounted price !!! Ya gotta be kidding !!

4. Jun 6, 2014 at 1:55 AM
    joedirt

joedirt Hallow

Member:
    Ploeśti
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
  5. Jun 9, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    Cdg99tacoma

Cdg99tacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Liberty, sc
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4wd 3.4 supercharged
    Replaced the a/c compressor on my 99 tocoma and found that the end that plugs into the compressor has all but melted. Is there somewhere I can order one or will I need to find it at a junk yard?

Products Discussed in

To Top