Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My Dilemma, need help guys/gals

Old 04-08-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
My Dilemma, need help guys/gals

Ok, I agreed to purchase a 09 speedway blue double cab trd sport 4x4 with a 6 speed. That was the truck I wanted.

Dealer said "its not on the lot but I can get one". $26,690.

I agreed and went to look at my new truck yesterday and sign papers. Well, it wasn't there and the dealer told me " I was told I had one from another dealer but they didn't tell me it had 4,500 miles on it.

Now, he said he cannot get that truck anywhere. He can get it in automatic. Or, any other color with the 6 speed.

Bummed the F out guys.

I want that color and I want that 6 speed.

I'm at a stand point, really.

Do I take the auto or switch colors. I know ultimately its my choice but its that tough for me.

Help, I need advice.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
From what he told me, there's not one on the whole east coast.He seemed sincere and very apologetic. Even said the auto is $900 more and he would make it a wash.

Ugh
Old 04-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Get the truck you want. Don't settle and kick your own butt for 48-60 months of payments saying 'what if'....

not unless they drop a hefty chunk off the one they offered you for being "used"
Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if its the truck u want, i'd be getting that price down for the 4500 miles. on these trucks, thats not even fully broken in. if everything is well and good on the truck, i'd make them throw in the extended warranty AND drop the price
Old 04-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Get the truck you want. Don't settle and kick your own butt for 48-60 months of payments saying 'what if'....
X2 If they want to sell a truck, they will find the one you want. Stand your ground.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #7
TacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud ofTacoSter has much to be proud of

TacoSter's Tacoma Gallery
Check this dealer inventory... I just found this... your info says your in NJ... If this one does not pan out, search google for NJ dealers, then search thier inventory

http://www.lakewoodtoyota.com/ou/lak...ge=n_inventory

Trim:
Type:PickupMileage:6Color:Speedway Blue MetallicTransmission:ManualEngine:Gas V6 4.0L/241VIN:5TEUU42N49Z607232Stock #:9Z607232
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
You wont be happy until you get what you want.. wait it out, dont spend all that money on something your not happy with..
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like secretsquirrel said Buy what you like because then you will be saying to yourself "should i have gotten this truck or just waited?". Happened to me with the wheels I bought now im trying to resale them haha just do what you want!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #10
That was the only one on the east coast besides eire pa. Its sold. I'm in rhode island. They were going 5 states away to get it for me and jersey is closer. But, the jersey taco was sold and the pa taco has 4500 miles.

I don't want the used 09. No telling what was done to it. Used at 4500, there's no telling why or what was done to it. (I'm neurotic like that).

I'm going to search all night
Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Can you order it?
As others said, get what you want
They will say ANYTHING to get you take the easier softer way for them
Look out for your best interest because in the end you are the one paying the bill, not them.
I can tell you from experience, if you don't buy what you want the first time, you will be back, sometime, someday.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Thing to remember is that the dealers pay interest for the trucks as they sit on the lot, so they don't tell you upfront what's on order. Ask them when the next one with your specifications will be in. When I bought mine back in September they didn't have what I wanted, but they were able to tell me that one was set to be delivered to their dealership in four weeks. In reality took closer to ten, but I have no regrets about waiting. I often find myself thinking how glad I am that I didn't take the white one they offered (my least favorite color... on any vehicle), even though I was kinda tempted to at the time.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
damn, decisions decisions.

I have no good advice man.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
i cant even go to toyota.com and build one and wait for a dealer to call me. When I get to the "color" choice...gd speedway blue isnt an option!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
My advice is call some other dealers. Car salesman are scum. I would not believe this model is unavailable from one dealer..
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Go get the truck you want, BUT find another dealer. It appears that individual represented this dealership poorly and is not worthy of your business. If it's not there then its not meant to be.