1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2-3 inche lift for 2006 Sport w/bad rear leafs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AsaTacoma, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Jun 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    AsaTacoma

AsaTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    I'm sure their are many threads on this one however, I wanted to get some direct advice. I have a 2006 TRD Sport Quad Cab with a Topper. There was a TSB on the rearl leaf springs however, years back Toyota would not replace them because it was out of warranty. Now the springs are totally shot and its sagging in the rear. I am looking to replace the springs and add a few inches of lift. It's my everyday driver and I don't some minor offroading nothing intense. Not looking to drop thousands but I plan on keeping the truck for many years. Any advice on basic setups and websites would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Jun 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    shockinyall

shockinyall White Lightning Enthusiast

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 DCSB SUPER WHITE
    Traded to '17 Tundra
    Use the search function on to see others setups. Good place to start is here: . Their FAQ's will help you out. With a topper I would recommend the Dakar leaf pack here for the rear. It will replace your old leaf pack. For the front, keep in mind that a 3" lift may get your alignment out of spec. New UCA's will help you out there, check out light racing (SPC) uca's here. Front lift I suggest new coilovers and shocks, check these out.

I am running this exact lift, check out my thread for pics. Great lift and have had no problems. Not hard to install either.

3. Jun 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    AsaTacoma

AsaTacoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sport
    Thanks for the information. Can I run 2" lift without the alignment problem?

4. Jun 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    bzzr2

bzzr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    2 inch will be no worries for your alignment, ppl may get on u saying u gotta do the control arms but you don't. nice to if u have extra money, not needed if you don't. run ome 884 and the dakars and all set! i did this and added a small top plate spacer also, this was on my reg cab with a steel bumper, no aligment issues. do it up!
    --edit you will still need to get an alignment after installing as posted above!

5. Jun 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM
    shockinyall

shockinyall White Lightning Enthusiast

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 DCSB SUPER WHITE
    Traded to '17 Tundra
    Even 2" is a gamble, some people have got it back into specs, whereas others have needed the UCA's. If you are wanting to keep the price down, you can try without, but if you want to do it once and be done, get the UCA's.

Products Discussed in

To Top