1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Big Brake Kit for Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by fenderpicks, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Jun 10, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    fenderpicks

fenderpicks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket manufacture make a BBK that fits a 2013 6lug Tacoma?

2. Jun 10, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    KMitch

KMitch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    14 DCSB TRD Off Road
    I think you can swap Tundra brakes over but then you'd have to get different wheels (I think) to fit over them. I know it's not aftermarket but bigger brakes still.

3. Jun 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM
    robbytaco

robbytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD Sport
    I run powerstop brakes. Autoanything.com has the kits for a good price. Slot and drilled rotors and carbon pads, I believe was like $175, and made a big difference over stock. I believe I have the extreme duty towing set up. That set up paired with steel braided brake lines should make a difference over stock. Also there is a kit out there for the rear brakes to swap to the previous generation tundra disc set up instead of the drums that come on our trucks. That runs about $850. Seems the consensus is out on that set up though and your better off upgrading your rear shoes and brake lines and leaving the drums as our trucks are so light in the back. Hope that helps

Products Discussed in

To Top