Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB completion but...

Old 10-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #41
Chongmagic is on a distinguished road
Chongmagic's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 07 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and called the Toyota dealer in Columbia, SC. I told him about the rear being soft and that the ride was harsh. The service guy asked me what I was hauling to make the rear bottom-out. He actually got a little pissy with me at first. I told him about the TSB and that the rear leaf spring replacement also helped the overall handling and ride of vehicle. He said that he thought that was true and that the dealership had performed several "fixes" regarding SU006-07. I said that due to the handling, hauling, and towing improvements that I wanted to have the TSB performed on my truck. He said that I needed to bring it in so that they could have a look at it. I hope that this is not going to be a fight.

By the way, I have read that some of the 07's actually came with the improved leaf springs. Is this correct? Because if it is true then that would be another argument to use to get the problem corrected. I mean if Toyota saw the need to change the leaf springs in the later models that came off the assembly line, then wouldn't it make since to assume that the engineers thought it was a problem?

Also, I have noticed a few of the members here are in SC, has any one successfully had this completed without a major hassle?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #42
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chongmagic View Post
I have a 07 Tacoma TRD Off-Road and called the Toyota dealer in Columbia, SC. I told him about the rear being soft and that the ride was harsh. The service guy asked me what I was hauling to make the rear bottom-out. He actually got a little pissy with me at first. I told him about the TSB and that the rear leaf spring replacement also helped the overall handling and ride of vehicle. He said that he thought that was true and that the dealership had performed several "fixes" regarding SU006-07. I said that due to the handling, hauling, and towing improvements that I wanted to have the TSB performed on my truck. He said that I needed to bring it in so that they could have a look at it. I hope that this is not going to be a fight.

By the way, I have read that some of the 07's actually came with the improved leaf springs. Is this correct? Because if it is true then that would be another argument to use to get the problem corrected. I mean if Toyota saw the need to change the leaf springs in the later models that came off the assembly line, then wouldn't it make since to assume that the engineers thought it was a problem?

Also, I have noticed a few of the members here are in SC, has any one successfully had this completed without a major hassle?

Ya know what, if they give you any shit come here to West Ashley Toyota in Charleston and ask for Robbie or the service manager. They went through all the preliminaries with me.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 AM   #43
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I got my truck from toyota of Greenvile in SC. So far they have been amazing as far as customer service. I just called up and told them i wanted it done. The service guy acted kinda confused for a minute, then i gave him the TSB #, and read off the TSB what it would include for my truck. He took a minute to look on his computer then said i was right and that he would go ahead and order my parts. The parts took about a week to come in and have already been installed. Unfortunately they did this while my truck was in the body shop, and i still havnt gotten it back so i cant comment on the changed ride quality etc... Just call up and act like you know exactly what your talking about. Immediately give them the TSB#. Read it first so you can actually tell him what it entails and what you'll need, dont wait for him to tell you. If he thinks your on your game and know everything before he does he wont question you. Its a TSB, so if you complain they pretty much have to do it as long as your still in your warranty period.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:33 AM   #44
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
I got a call from the dealership yesterday. My parts are on back order...

...UNTIL THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER!
Old 10-17-2007, 11:22 AM   #45
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post

mine took almost a month to get in...i know ur feeling
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #46
Banned
Audible is on a distinguished road
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Got a call this morning. My springs, DRL relays, and new rear bumper (they dented while in last time) should be in by Friday . QWe'll see
Old 10-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #47
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post

Typical Texas timeliness. Even Toyota has no respect for y'all.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #48
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
mine took almost a month to get in...i know ur feeling
That makes me feel a bit better. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #49
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys so i called today to my local toyota dealership and it took forever to get someone that knew anything on the phone. Finaly got to talk to a service advisor and he told me he has never heard of anything tsb like this and all trucks ride rough with a load. I told him that i am look at the tsb right know and my truck is just at the point of no making this warrenty i have 35 thousand miles on my truck right know then he tells me to come in tmmorow and he will take a look at it. Just looking for some advice as to what to expect from these guys and also has any had this told to them yet.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #50
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Chong - Which dealership in Columbia did you talk with? I'm just curious to know so I can know which one to/not to call when I "start having problems."
Old 10-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #51
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
hey guys so i called today to my local toyota dealership and it took forever to get someone that knew anything on the phone. Finaly got to talk to a service advisor and he told me he has never heard of anything tsb like this and all trucks ride rough with a load. I told him that i am look at the tsb right know and my truck is just at the point of no making this warrenty i have 35 thousand miles on my truck right know then he tells me to come in tmmorow and he will take a look at it. Just looking for some advice as to what to expect from these guys and also has any had this told to them yet.
Walk in with the TSB in hand. The money doesnt come out of there pocket so there is no reason for them not to do it. If they give you any trouble immediately ask for themanager. I'm tired of hearing about dealerships not honering this TSB. It was issued from Toyota, its not up to them whether or not to honor it. Go in nice but get hard if you have to
Old 10-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #52
Banned
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy Update

Service manager called this morning and indicated that my springs are on back order as well...could be 1 week or 3 months. Oh well, at least I know they will do it...at some point. They are still going to get me the DRL parts and the new bumper in the meanwhile.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #53
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
By the way, I have read that some of the 07's actually came with the improved leaf springs. Is this correct?
Has anyone verified this? I bought my 07 in Sept, but I'm not sure when it was built. What do I need to do, just count whether there's 3 or 4 leaf springs in the rear?

I understand somewhere on the door sticker is a way to know when your truck was built. Anybody have a link to more info on that?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #54

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Sawdust: all you need to do is check the number of leafs. If you only have a total of three (two leafs and an overleaf i believe) then you can get the upgrade
Old 10-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #55
Banned
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I understand somewhere on the door sticker is a way to know when your truck was built. Anybody have a link to more info on that?
Yes, you will see something to the effect of "prod 04/07" or build date
Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #56
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
mine was built in 11/06 and i drove it off the lot on 27 nov 06...lol...ten miles on it...now like 22.5K or so
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #57
Banned
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Cool update

Service manager called again with ETA of back ordered parts:
  • Leaf springs and U bolts = 11/13/07
  • DRL relay= next week
  • Bumper= in stock
Old 10-18-2007, 08:21 PM   #58
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
OK. I checked the truck this afternoon. My truck was built 6/07 and it only has 3 springs. Good news for me, since I'll qualify. But it does bring into question whether later 07s were delivered with the upgrade. When did they start building the 07s? 8/06? That would put mine 10 months into the build cycle.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:07 AM   #59
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
OK. I checked the truck this afternoon. My truck was built 6/07 and it only has 3 springs. Good news for me, since I'll qualify. But it does bring into question whether later 07s were delivered with the upgrade. When did they start building the 07s? 8/06? That would put mine 10 months into the build cycle.
Oh No! My truck was built in 06/07 too. Another thing in common with Texas and Sawdust. This is becoming too coincidental! I fear a TX conspiracy at work. Go for the Coastline first with your brainwashing tactics and then move to the midlands then upland!

We gotta check into this.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:26 AM   #60
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
yeah GT, you're covered
Actually, he's not. Only PreRunners and 4x4s are only eligible to get this done.

They don't switch out the shocks on the TRD models, all they do is switch out the rear leaf packs from a 3 to a 4, and an alignment. Non-TRD models, will get new rear leaf packs from a 3 to a 4, and 4 all new Bilstein shocks, just like what the TRD models come with. So thats about $1400 in parts for free I'm a happy camper.