1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB completion but...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Viper-2, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Oct 29, 2007 at 11:09 AM
    jehays

jehays Member

Member:
    I just got mine installed. All seems to be running well.

2. Nov 1, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    Critter

Critter Well-Known Member

Member:
    My Dealer ordered the parts Friday the 26th,will call when they come in! Whats the deal with the Bilstens are they that much stiffer then the orignals. Feedback please!

3. Nov 1, 2007 at 9:12 AM
    Audible

Audible Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Califonia
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    DRL's, 04 TRD Off Road bed stickers, Tow pkg, Penzoil synthetic oil, partially debadged.
    They are top of the line performance shock...high quality. Came stock on my 1996 Vette. Good stuff;)

4. Nov 1, 2007 at 9:44 AM
    Critter

Member:
    Have ???'s with this TSB upgrade,does this give my crew 4x any part of the TRD package? Seems like heavying up is going like TRD!. + this TSB is why Toyota stands out among other mfger's,IMHO!

PS thanks for info on Biltsens:D

5. Nov 1, 2007 at 9:53 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Critter: i'm not entirely sure i understand your question, but it looks like you have a double cab 4x4 without TRD? if that is correct, the TSB will give you the TRD shocks and an extra leaf in the back. you will basically have the TRD suspension minus the beefier springs up front that the TRD offroad has. hope this clears things up a bit

6. Nov 1, 2007 at 10:06 AM
    Critter

Member:
    Yep I kinda figured as much about TRD shocks,and back springs. I think Toy miscalculated on loads since the underpinnings on Tacoma and 4runner are the same basically. But when you start hauling some weight the 4runnner setup don't cut it! Thanks again!

7. Nov 2, 2007 at 8:50 AM
    argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    Question...may be stupid, but does this affect a Tacoma with the towing package? Would it not stand to reason that the rear leaf springs, etc. would be beefier anyway to get the 6,500 lb. towing capacity? I will be honest and say that I'm only asking because it affects me. I have the towing package, and although I only count 3 leaf springs in the rear on my truck, I've never had these problems, and I've had some pretty substantial loads back there.

8. Nov 2, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    Audible

Audible Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Califonia
    Vehicle:
    2006 PreRunner TRD Off Road
    DRL's, 04 TRD Off Road bed stickers, Tow pkg, Penzoil synthetic oil, partially debadged.
    Yes, I have the tow package...have the TSB done before your warranty runs out:)

9. Nov 2, 2007 at 9:26 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    good question, i honestly dont know, but i'm sure someone does

10. Nov 2, 2007 at 10:58 AM
    bbarian333

bbarian333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    06, Accesss Cab, TRD Sport
    TRD exh, K&N drop in,TRD seat cvrs,tsb springs
    Just went through round 1 with trying to get my TSB . Mechanic says it handles fine . I pointed out that the TSB is based on a customers complaint not a test drive. Supposedly a Toyota service rep will be in next week and they will contact me, so i can talk to him. Arent they all Toyota reps? I know im being fed a bunch of BS. When they see that im not gonna rollover , they will do it.

11. Nov 2, 2007 at 12:05 PM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    It should not. Towing is defined as weight outside of payload. Your tounge weight is the only concern you should have outside of payload if you are towing the recommended weight. This really affects payload more than towing.

12. Nov 2, 2007 at 3:03 PM
    argm31i

Member:
    I guess my question is this...the hitch/tongue is on the rear of the vehicle...the leaf springs are on the rear of the vehicle, and would take the brunt of the tongue weight...if the capacity to put more weight on the tongue were "upped" by the towing package, it would stand to reason that the springs back there were already beefier than standard (especially so if you also have the TRD Off-road package), and a person with the towing package wouldn't likely get as much out of this TSB as someone who didn't have them. Does that make sense - because I may be thinking about this all wrong - I just want to make sure that if I go get this TSB work done, I'm not going to make a lateral move (and thereby waste hours or days waiting on it) or downgrade what I've already got.

13. Nov 2, 2007 at 3:32 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    The towing package does not affect suspension. It's the hitch, electrical connection, oil and auto transmission coolers, bigger alternator and battery.

14. Nov 2, 2007 at 11:18 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    my 07 prerunner only has the 3 suspension leafsprings in the back...already have the trd offroad package...the heaviest thing i've evr had in the bed was a 400 pound bike and i really didnt notice too much because i was driving so slow, but i think i'll tell them i had 2 bikes in there and the bed was sagging down and bouncing alot when i hit bumps...sound plausible? i want those better springs for the lift of it haha

15. Nov 3, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    argm31i

Member:
    Makes sense now...I just thought it might have something to do with the rear suspension as well.

16. Nov 3, 2007 at 8:32 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i'm printed out the TSB report right now, then going down to my toyota dealer to complain haha, i really want those new springs!

17. Nov 5, 2007 at 3:20 AM
    Critter

Member:
    I think the shock upgrade is also huge,with the springs.:D

18. Nov 5, 2007 at 3:24 AM
    Critter

Member:
    You got a BS dealer! Mine didn't give me any trouble other then to see that my truck was covered. The parts are ordered! :D

19. Nov 6, 2007 at 1:23 PM
    Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07_4x4_Access Cab_V-6_Manual-6_Silver Mica
    None yet
    I finally got the mind to call my service manager. She pulled up my vin# and confirmed I have non-TRD. She knew I had knowlege of the revised TSB. She called me back within 30 minutes after researching the TSB and vin# and said she will order the parts.(Spring pack and shocks) She said they should be in in within 3-4 days. She said she had to let me know that my ride will be stiffer. So, I said great, it's a truck. She was great about it, so far no problems. I will check the parts though hopefully before the work to make sure the shocks are Bilstiens and it's a 4-leaf pack. I simply talked to her about the soft ride and bouncing travel, etc. and let here know I had a 3-leaf spring pack. She didn't even tell me I had to bring it in for inspection. They can tell you over the phone with a vin#. So far I think they are taking care of business. I think she told me they have only handled a few of these particular TSBs to date. I hope anyone else getting this fix has the same good response. :thumbsup:

20. Nov 6, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    CoopersTacoma

CoopersTacoma Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab TRD OffRoad V6 Auto
    ARE CAP
    Brought my '07 SR5 to the dealer last week with TSB in hand and told them about my harsh ride while towing and with a load (400-700#). I went to work and got a call from them later in the day.The service techs said they can't find anything wrong. They said they put 500# in the bed and took it for a test drive and didn't notice any harsh ride. BS, they drove it 5 miles on the highway. They didn't tow a trailer 300 miles with a load in the bed. I mentioned this to them and had to talk and then argue with them about my harch ride. They said they have to verify this to Toyota before they can do this. Well, after getting pissed and threatening to call Toyota customer care they finally folded and said they would do it. Needlest to say the parts are on back order. This isn't the fisrt problem i've had with them and I'm not the only one. My dealer sucks!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top