Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB completion but...

Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM   #141
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
all u gotta do is look under the rear fender...u dont even need to crawl under...there should be 3 facing up and 1 facing down. the bottom one facing up is quite smaller, so u may have to look for it
Well I did that. I noticed that there are 3 long leafs and then one small one on the bottom - the bottom one is quite short compared to the others. So what I am trying to figure out is that small one on the bottom actually a leaf spring? If it is, then I have 4 and I'm all good.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #142
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
u should be good to go
Old 11-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #143
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
u should be good to go
Thanks man, just wanted to be sure.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #144
gsm will become famous soon enough

gsm's Tacoma Gallery
This isn't effecting me, but where would one go to lookup/download TSB's in general. I'm curious how many other TSB's are out there. And if you don't know about them (if one pertains to you) then you are missing out on getting it fixed!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #145
sak3358 is on a distinguished road

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
Try this.

http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_TSBs/...ACOMA_TSBs.asp
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM   #146

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
One More....

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t123093.html
Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #147
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
got my TSB done today, took then just under 4 hours and it did lift the back end about an inch, but to be honest with you i didnt really notice too much of a ride difference. oh well, it's done and i'm happy
Old 12-01-2007, 02:06 PM   #148
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Stoped by the dealership yesterday and delt with the Ass. Man.(Assistant Service Manager).He had heard something about a harsh ride prob but they had never done the work.He ordered the parts right up no questions or crap!Has anyone leveled it out after this?If so parts you used or where you got them?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Stoped by the dealership yesterday and delt with the Ass. Man.(Assistant Service Manager).He had heard something about a harsh ride prob but they had never done the work.He ordered the parts right up no questions or crap!Has anyone leveled it out after this?If so parts you used or where you got them?
i also need to know what the best front spacer is to use, i need a pair!! and hey chester is your taco a prerunner or 4x4?
Old 12-02-2007, 06:04 AM   #150
Red Sox Nation
Delrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelrivpilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Lcdr, retired
Name: Jonathan
Delrivpilot's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Turd, I had the Toytec 2" spacers put in the front when I had the TSB done. I almost leveled out the truck. Just a slight rake now. THe spacers were $112. Toyota put them on for $140. FYI. GOod luck
Old 12-02-2007, 12:14 PM   #151
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my new suspension now for about a week. I would urge anybody with the right to get it done to do so. I got 4 bilstiens, 2-4 leaf spring packs and a 4-wheel allignment.
My truck rides quite a bit noticeably better to me. I don't understand anyone not telling much of a difference. It handles much better at all speed in curves and over rough roads. Before, I had all kinds of squirley action in curves and big dips. Now its a very solid feel in handling and rough terrain.
It took my dealership 2.5 days to do the work and I had them rotate the tires and do my first oil change at about 4800 while it was there. My dealership did a great job and never gave me any flack about it. My hats off to them. I hope you other guys getting it done have the same experience. I was very apprehensive at first to get it started, but it was worth it.
One more time!.....If anyone qualifies for this TSB, they should get it done whether they haul much or not, unless you just like the mushy ride and lack of towing capacity and handling. Don't just get used to what you have and think it can't get any better! Just my "two cents".
PS, I almost forgot. There is a little rake to it now that others say will level out a bit with time. I kinda like it though. The overall height of the truck is raised! My headlights are a little noticeably shooting downward a bit now. I'll wait for it to level some before readjusting or spacing the front, as it's not to bad in my opinion. Hope this helps.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #152
ofrd4fun is on a distinguished road
ofrd4fun's Tacoma Gallery
The work is complete; new leafs and four new shocks but in Canada they don't include an alignment (wankers!!!) It does ride a little stiffer which is what I wanted but the biggest improvement is with the new shocks. The overall ride is WAY better. No more wallowing and rolling around in corners with or without a load.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #153
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Its a 4x4 turdtaco,my last truck was a prerunner good truck but it limited my hunting in the winter.Now I just need to bypass the diff lock!Hey Delrivpilot hows the ride with the spacers?So the stock shocks will fly with the mod?
Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrivpilot View Post
Hey Turd, I had the Toytec 2" spacers put in the front when I had the TSB done. I almost leveled out the truck. Just a slight rake now. THe spacers were $112. Toyota put them on for $140. FYI. GOod luck
do those require spring compressors? either way i can have a family friend put them on for pretty cheap, same guy that always does my exhaust work
Old 12-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #155

sak3358's Tacoma Gallery
I ran into the dreaded parts availability. I dropped it off and an hour later they called and said the parts aren't available for another 2 weeks. I asked why they didn't know, afterall I scheduled a week earlier....they had no response. When I get it done I'll let you know how it went.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I don't understand anyone not telling much of a difference.
It took my dealership 2.5 days to do the work
i had the TRD off-road package with the bilsteins before, thats why i said i couldnt really notice a difference in the way the truck handles, it has always been great. and my truck was done with the TSB in 4 hours lol
Old 12-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #157
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of

Jimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
i had the TRD off-road package with the bilsteins before, thats why i said i couldnt really notice a difference in the way the truck handles, it has always been great. and my truck was done with the TSB in 4 hours lol
I forgot you had TRD! I understand what you mean now for sure. You were half-way there already TuRDTACO.
Made a big difference for me without TRD and I can see why it took them some time to complete. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:08 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I forgot you had TRD! I understand what you mean now for sure. You were half-way there already TuRDTACO.
Made a big difference for me without TRD and I can see why it took them some time to complete. Thanks!
yea i've never driven a taco other than mine so i dont know what the non trd's would feel like, but to be honest with you i'd rather not find out and just stay happy with mine lol