Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB completion but...

Old 10-09-2007, 04:23 PM   #1
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
TSB completion but...

I got the rear suspension TSB done and it is great. The rear sits 1 1/4" higher and the front (weird) sits 1/2" higher.

Got a new alarm and tires rotated while I was there too.

BUT...

Has anyone who has had this done had a hard brake problem at all?

I drove away from the dealer and had to wail on the brakes to get the truck to stop. I pulled back around and told them about it. The took the truck back and saw nothing wrong at all. They said they couldn't figure out why the brakes would do this considering they never touched them for the TSB or the Alarm install.

During the check he said the brakes got "better." That's true but they still suck, not like the awesome brakes my truck had before. I still have to push hard on them...alomost like the power assist is weak or off.

I made an appointment tomorrow morning and they are giving me a loaner for the day. Anyone have any ideas of what the problem might be??
Old 10-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
let us know what it is when you find out
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
let us know what it is when you find out
Will do
Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Hope i dont have that problem, i guess i'll know whenever i get my truck back
Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Grr! Everyone else is getting this done, but I am still waiting on the rear springs! It has almost been a month since I ordered mine. Toyota Parts distribution needs to get on the ball!

Please?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've been waiting on mine for 3 weeks now i think....shitty...and what also sticks is i wont get that extra 1/2" in the front....but that also might save me from getting soft brakes
Old 10-10-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
i havnt heard anyone else complain about the brakes, hopefully its just an isolated incident. It took toyota 3 days to get my parts and they have already put them on. Now i just need to wait another week for the body work to be done and i'll be able to give you guys some feedback. So far my dealership experience has been great!
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone with the off-road package already done this?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #9

nd's Tacoma Gallery
If not i'll post when i get my truck back with the results
Old 10-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
CoopersTacoma is on a distinguished road
CoopersTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Suspension TSB

I was wondering how you find out about this TSB. I originally thought it was for 05-06 Tacomas but, I must be mistaken. I've been having problems with my suspension. For example, bottoming out with very light loads (300-500#) and while towing a boat (1200#). My dealer, doesn't seem to think there is a problem, I begg to differ. Any info on this TSB would be great...you know something in writing I can show my lazy dealer. Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
I don't even want to get into detail about what these asses did today. All I can say is I am going to wait until Monday to bring it in. I am sick of them already.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #12
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Coopers, I believe the TSB is number SU006-07. It originally only covered 05 and 06 Tacos. Recently they added the 07's. They are supposed to perform the TSB if you simply complain of a harsh ride or bottoming out. They replace the 3-leaf rear springs with 4-leaf springs. On non-TRD Tacos they also replace the shocks.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #13
Banned
Audible is on a distinguished road
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Taco Suspension TSB

Hello

Here is the actual TSB. I'm having mine done next week.

Make sure you print this out, go through and highlight the sections taht relate to your model. Espescially if you have one of the TRD models...so that they do not swap out your expensive shocks.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2ndpp/p...B-SU006-07.pdf
Old 10-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #14
Secret Agent
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Well, the problem was corrected today. Apparently while installing the alarm they must have leaned (hard), knocked, pushed, banged or something on the brake power boost. They had to replace it with a new one...the brakes are now better than when I got it.

The new suspension springs and shocks kick ass!

Went up 1 1/4" in rear and 1/2" in front.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:04 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
they finally got my parts in and i've got mine scheduled for friday morning. i hope to get my front spacers put in before then so i can get a free alignment w/ it...haha...gotta cheat the system in my favor somehow
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #16

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible View Post
Hello

Here is the actual TSB. I'm having mine done next week.

Make sure you print this out, go through and highlight the sections taht relate to your model. Espescially if you have one of the TRD models...so that they do not swap out your expensive shocks.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2ndpp/p...B-SU006-07.pdf
They are using TRD shocks in the non-TRD trucks. so even if they do replace the shocks its no big deal, they're just replacing them with what you already have
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM   #17
Big Cat Chew Toy
GTiVR6r is on a distinguished road

GTiVR6r's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if this covers the 4x2 Access cabs?

Stood in the bed of mine this weekend installing the new bed cover
and noticed just how much the rear went down.

Haven't hauled anything heavy yet though.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #18

nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah GT, you're covered
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #19
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTiVR6r View Post
Anyone know if this covers the 4x2 Access cabs?

Stood in the bed of mine this weekend installing the new bed cover
and noticed just how much the rear went down.

Haven't hauled anything heavy yet though.
I think that (for the moment) this pertains only to the 4x4 and PreRunner suspension systems.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #20
Banned
Audible is on a distinguished road
Audible's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

GT, read the above link I posted...it explains exactly what and who is covered.